Infraction Finally Got My First Street Basher...Infraction Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Well, as the title indicates, I fimally got my hands on my first street car...well in roller form at least. I picked up this Infraction roller from fleabay for under $180. It came with a set of Hoons in pretty good condition, a carbon fiber front splitter, side skirts, a hitech servo, and a limitless spool. It rolls smooth as butter. I already have a Castle 2200kv motor to drop in, just gotta figure out which rx/TX combo, and ESC to go with. I also think I'm going to use the Proline Hellcat body 😈 I'm looking forward to getting this thing going!

20231014_194936.jpg

20231014_194953.jpg

20231014_195052.jpg

Enjoy the build, nice project! Castle XLX2 or MMX8S are good bets for an ESC.
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look into that XLX2, I really like Castle products.
Wow 180? Lucky sob 🤣
I really shouldn't have...but couldn't pass up that price 🫠
Really good buy...

Curious how you plan to run it....if bashing you might want to rethink the spool to get that cool drift action.

Enjoy it (y)
I plan on doing heavy drifting with it lol. I didn't know that a spool isn't the best option for drifting and bashing. That's Good to know, thanks! 👍
man.. you stole that thing! time for the fun part.
Nice. Now the fun starts. 👍 🏁
Absolutely, can't wait! 😁

Maybe not the right thread for this question, but can anyone explain why a center diff would be preferable for drifting? I can understand why the spool is better for speed running, and that a center diff is preferable for on-road handling.

However, I'm having a little more trouble wrapping my head around the bashing/drifting scenario.

I would have guessed that the spool would result in worse traction while turning (by not allowing the front/rear wheels to rotate at slightly different speeds), thus making it easier to drift. But maybe the center diff is better because as the rear end breaks loose, more power is sent to the rear wheels, causing it to act more like a RWD drift car?

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look into that XLX2, I really like Castle products.
Heads up that you have to get creative to install an XLX2. It doesn’t fit in the stock ESC location.

I recommend a MMX 8s ESC: I have one in my Kraton 6s driving a Castle 1717 1650kv motor. That combo in a Kraton is a beast: the Kraton does 360- degree backflips from a standing start on grass; lands on all four wheels; and takes off like a bat out of hell.

Heads up that you have to get creative to install an XLX2. It doesn’t fit in the stock ESC location.
I recommend a MMX 8s ESC: I have one in my Kraton 6s driving a Castle 1717 1650kv motor. That combo in a Kraton is a beast: the Kraton does 360- degree backflips from a standing start on grass; lands on all four wheels; and takes off like a bat out of hell.
Thanks for the information guys. I have a Axial AE-4, which is just a rebranded Sidewinder 8th, in my K6 and it mounted into the stock ESC location on that chassis with very minimal modification. With that ESC & 2200kv motor, my Kraton also does those entertaining standing backflips lol. I may consider one of those this build...I also like the HW 8BL150.

EDIT: On second thought, Sidewinder 8th may not have enough oomph for this.

Was able to get a little work done on the Infraction today. Dropped in a Firma 150, installed 2200kv Castle motor with a 18 tooth pinion, and swapped out the spool for a brand new diff. I'll be selling off the spool, as I don't have a need for it.

20231202_171209.jpg

Minor build update...unless they did a stealth update for the Infraction, I think im the first one with a 150 V2 esc installed lol 😁 As some of you may know, I blew up the V1 150 in the picture above. So far I've only ran it on 4S with the new ESC for about 2-3 minutes, but she screams! 🏎💨

20231204_190454.jpg

20231218_193616.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back