Kraton Kraton rear mud flaps (dirt guard) DIY measurements?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eastwolf1228

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
I am sitting hear reading about how you all love the RPM or TBR mudflaps or dirt guards whatever you call them.
There are limited vendors that ship to my country and, if they do, the shipping is 200% of the cost of the product itself. Out of principal, I refuse to pay that for something that could be stuffed in an envelope and sent across the globe.

I'd like to be cheeky and make my own from some lexan offcuts.
would anyone be a darling an give me some rough measurements please - I know they're not entirely symmetrical.

I usually am all about supporting the retailer, but I just cannot stomach the shipping costs.

Thanks - please remove this post if it conflicts with Arrma Forum values - I will totally understand.

There's some members here that have made their own. I don't own any so can't give you measurements unfortunately. I've been thinking about making my own also, but I'll just measure the rear, where they would go, and drill some screw holes in the right places and BOOM!

Here you go...???

Can't work out how to make pic life size..? but this should get you started...

IMG_7399.jpeg

If you're designing and cutting them yourself you may want to add a kick up on top, to offer protection to the shock body
IMG_1917.PNG
IMG_1918.PNG

If not they'll eventually get sand blasted enough by the front tires to look like this
IMG_1915.JPG

Cut some card board and mock them up. Then get your material and make the real thing.

I just dremeled around till I thought I had good coverage. Not perfect, not a template, but it’s a mud guard.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 124
If you're designing and cutting them yourself you may want to add a kick up on top, to offer protection to the shock body
View attachment 49570View attachment 49571

If not they'll eventually get sand blasted enough by the front tires to look like this
View attachment 49569
Sand blasted.... Slightly off topic.... But I've got stock bearings and now they're gritty in the read after mistakingly running on a sports pitch (2 mins only) where they treated it with sand! Will this come out with a rinse ? Do u have rubber sealed bearings ? Sure looks like your truck has seen a lot of sand!

Sand blasted.... Slightly off topic.... But I've got stock bearings and now they're gritty in the read after mistakingly running on a sports pitch (2 mins only) where they treated it with sand! Will this come out with a rinse ? Do u have rubber sealed bearings ? Sure looks like your truck has seen a lot of sand!
The stock bearings are shielded and can't be cleaned. Once they get gritty pull and replace with a good sealed bearing or they'll eventually lock up and come apart. I usually keep a couple full sets from Fast Eddie on hand and replace every 20 or so packs. You can pull the rubber seals on them and clean, oil and reinstall if need be, but at $22 a set it may be easier to toss and replace.

The shock body in the pic has well over 100 packs on it and is from my Outcast which has been my go-to construction site basher where there's a lot of forest topsoil, sand, grass and clay.

Once they get gritty pull and replace with a good sealed bearing or they'll eventually lock up and come apart. I usually keep a couple full sets from Fast Eddie on hand and replace every 20 or so packs
Thanks for this.... Would sand just have landed on the bearings on the *outside* of the diff? Where the output cups are ? I think I can manage replacing those.
Appreciate your help.... Your maintenance program looks to be very solid judging by the paint wear on the shock of your Outcast!!!

I actually go through more inner hub bearings (the big skinny ones front and rear) more than anything else on my Arrmas
IMG_1931.PNG

You'll want to keep a constant check on these

I am sitting hear reading about how you all love the RPM or TBR mudflaps or dirt guards whatever you call them.
There are limited vendors that ship to my country and, if they do, the shipping is 200% of the cost of the product itself. Out of principal, I refuse to pay that for something that could be stuffed in an envelope and sent across the globe.

I'd like to be cheeky and make my own from some lexan offcuts.
would anyone be a darling an give me some rough measurements please - I know they're not entirely symmetrical.

I usually am all about supporting the retailer, but I just cannot stomach the shipping costs.

Thanks - please remove this post if it conflicts with Arrma Forum values - I will totally understand.
I don't know what their shipping costs will be, but maybe you can take a look at www.pos-modellbau.de

I don't know what their shipping costs will be, but maybe you can take a look at www.pos-modellbau.de
Thanks - anticlimax when I read their FAQ:
Question : Why do not you deliver goods to non-EU countries?
Answer : Unfortunately, our shop and shipping system does not support this option. If shipping outside the EU is desired, please contact us using the contact form.

I have last night started making my own from some old cheap lid I got off ebay. It's looking ok actually... need to paint it and shorten some screws to get it to work.
Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20191002_235353.jpg
    IMG_20191002_235353.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 111
Answer : Unfortunately, our shop and shipping system does not support this option. If shipping outside the EU is desired, please contact us using the contact form.

I have last night started making my own from some old cheap lid I got off ebay. It's looking ok actually... need to paint it and shorten some screws to get it to work.
Cheers.
Sorry, i didn't know where you from ?

Cheers.
Project now finished. I had to cut the crews shorter to suit the arms.

Attachments

• IMG_20191005_123842.jpg
    IMG_20191005_123842.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20191005_165729.jpg
    IMG_20191005_165729.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20191005_165745.jpg
    IMG_20191005_165745.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20191005_165833.jpg
    IMG_20191005_165833.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20191005_123809.jpg
    IMG_20191005_123809.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 74
After getting my first rc car last weekend I thought I would carry out my first mod and make myself some carbon fibre guards.
View attachment 53683View attachment 53684
Oh gosh, you had to out do me didn't you!

Well done

Another topic. Are u still ok with the STX2 radio? I had a crash last night due to phantom signals after about 20 packs... It had been absolutely fine until then.

Thanks ?, thats one of the benifits for working for a composites (carbon fibre) company ?.

To be honest with you it has been raining here everyday since I got it so not been able to get out with it apart from 20mins, will have to see how I get on with it then.

Thanks ?, thats one of the benifits for working for a composites (carbon fibre) company ?.

To be honest with you it has been raining here everyday since I got it so not been able to get out with it apart from 20mins, will have to see how I get on with it then.
yaaaa. Your truggy looks like it hasn't even seen the daylight yet. So clean. Enjoy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back