For Sale Kraton with extras for sale 400.00

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah that's a v1-v3. Can tell by the OG Lipo tray and Rx box.. No T2T as well.
A far cry from a V4 or current V5 no doubt, Needs some upgrading to be durable.
Pretty clean for sure. These were quite inexpensive NIB back then, compared to today's V5 prices.
Like $200.00 more MAP these days.
Yeah it's not a v3 ..he has the red blx motor and red esc.maybey it's a v2 ..I have a v3 and motor and esc are black. .I actually read somewhere people were having issues with the red motor and esc 🤷.

Yeah it's not a v3 ..he has the red blx motor and red esc.maybey it's a v2 ..I have a v3 and motor and esc are black. .I actually read somewhere people were having issues with the red motor and esc 🤷.

Question then becomes: is it possible to make it into a v5 or better? (I think I know the answer to this - lol)

V1 in immaculate condition... I held off from buying one in early '16... (lhs sale!!!), also seeing my buddies v1 talion he bought used back then.... didn't care for a few things @ the time...
End of '16 I got a new v2 which was clearly different... but definitely a v1/ late v1 for sure!!! Mike

yeah that's a v1-v3. Can tell by the OG Lipo tray and Rx box.. No T2T as well.
A far cry from a V4 or current V5 no doubt, Needs some upgrading to be durable.
Pretty clean for sure. These were quite inexpensive NIB back then, compared to today's V5 prices.
Like $200.00 more MAP these days.
V1, the red esc and motor were only available on the V1 cars. V2 Kraton had the BLX185.

Only $50 more actually.

$499.99 without the coupon for a V1 Outcast. The Kraton, Talion and Outcast were all $499.99 the Senton and Typhon were both $449.99 iirc.

1696376689279.png

$549.99 for a current Notorious.

1696376798608.png

Question then becomes: is it possible to make it into a v5 or better? (I think I know the answer to this - lol)
Yes, but you will be replacing so many parts it would be cheaper to just buy a new one.

Still a bada** rig... just needs a few upgrades that are still available, and the same as every other arrma!!! Hell, I still have my og v2 kraton, she's sloppy as sh*t, but ready to go at any time!!! I'll have to do a build log on the rebuild soon.. but here is a BUMP!!! Glws!!!

V1, the red esc and motor were only available on the V1 cars. V2 Kraton had the BLX185.

Only $50 more actually.

$499.99 without the coupon for a V1 Outcast. The Kraton, Talion and Outcast were all $499.99 the Senton and Typhon were both $449.99 iirc.

View attachment 325218

$549.99 for a current Notorious.

View attachment 325219

Yes, but you will be replacing so many parts it would be cheaper to just buy a new one.
You always have the skinny on the OG stuff. (y)(y)
I need to dig out the reciept for my first OC6s. I thought I paid less. I surmise mine was a V2 or V3?
I saw the red motor and red 200 amp ESC, I assumed that was an upgrade after prurchase. They were sought after Arrma upgrades for a while. I thought they were only standard with the Nero back when.

+1

If I am correct, the red 2000kv , motor had undersized BB's, so Arrma moved up to bigger BB's, and a much larger one at the Pinion Side. ( their Black BLX 2050 motor)
But that Red 6s BLX ESC was a 200 amper if I am correct. A good OE ESC at the time. Surely obsolete by todays standards.
@slick2500 would know best.

+1

If I am correct, the red 2000kv , motor had undersized BB's, so Arrma moved up to bigger BB's, and a much larger one at the Pinion Side. ( their Black BLX 2050 motor)
But that Red 6s BLX ESC was a 200 amper if I am correct. A good OE ESC at the time. Surely obsolete by todays standards.
Before I bought my v3 I did some research and asked a few people on here and I was told kraton has issues up until the v3 came out where they had fixed the v1 and v2 problems.i forget what those issues were🤷sorry.but I was told the v3 was a solid choice and not to get any version lower...I'm sure if someone takes care and maintains ,and doesn't go totally bonkers and doesn't push there limits , things will be ok.Sometimes i question if the issues people come up with are because of how they abuse their rigs and then say it was a poor design,🤷 . everything has its limits..just saying
+1

Sorry but I had a good laugh when you said " it had undersized BBs 🤣🤣yeah I see that being a problem..poor little fella

Last edited:
From my perspective, V4 was the big jump improvement. When they went to a T2T brace. Until then, guys were modding their own T2T's, because they were folding chassis' left and right. Myself included with the 6sOC. There were other minor tweaks as well. Better metal reinforced bulkheads at the Input cup BB's etc. Shimming the diffs was a big change as well. Diffs were never OE shimmed at all for many years. Many just used the Tekno Diff shims. Otherwise you were eating main and input gears left and right. It was horrible.
My K6s was a V4, My 6s Noto was the original release. With no T2T. An easy add on, once the second Noto release came out.

Last edited:
From my perspective, V4 was the big jump improvement. When they went to a T2T brace. Until then, guys were modding their own T2T's, because they were folding chassis' left and right. Myself included with the 6sOC. There were other minor tweaks as well. Better metal reinforced bulkheads at the Input cup BB's etc. Shimming the diffs was a big change as well. Diffs were never OE shimmed at all for many years.
Good to know.my knowledge on the kraton is limited since I've only had mine for a short time.but I must say regardless of when they were all made ,they are beasts .I've always been a 2s and 3s kinda guy and when I got the 6 s I fell in love with the POWA😁👍

You always have the skinny on the OG stuff. (y)(y)
I need to dig out the reciept for my first OC6s. I thought I paid less. I surmise mine was a V2 or V3?
I saw the red motor and red 200 amp ESC, I assumed that was an upgrade after prurchase. They were sought after Arrma upgrades for a while. I thought they were only standard with the Nero back when.
That isn’t the system out of the Nero the Nero had the BLX200 that is the BLX180 completely different esc and motor the BLX180 esc was actually recalled do to the frequent fires they had, worse than the Spektrum 150a.
+1

Irrc the red motor was only 4070 or 4068 sized I do know it was smaller than the BLX 2050kv motor.
From my perspective, V4 was the big jump improvement. When they went to a T2T brace. Until then, guys were modding their own T2T's, because they were folding chassis' left and right. Myself included with the 6sOC. There were other minor tweaks as well. Better metal reinforced bulkheads at the Input cup BB's etc. Shimming the diffs was a big change as well. Diffs were never OE shimmed at all for many years. Many just used the Tekno Diff shims. Otherwise you were eating main and input gears left and right. It was horrible.
My K6s was a V4, My 6s Noto was the original release. With no T2T. An easy add on, once the second Noto release came out.
Meh the T2T brace costs $3 on jennys, only other major difference between the V3 and v4 were the sliding motor mount on the v4 and the v4 had the worst radio system know to man while the V3 had the good old TTX300. The gearbox was revised for the V3 not the V4.

Last edited:
That isn’t the system out of the Nero the Nero had the BLX200 that is the BLX180 completely different esc and motor the BLX180 esc was actually recalled do to the frequent fires they had, worse than the Spektrum 150a.

Irrc the red motor was only 4070 or 4068 sized I do know it was smaller than the BLX 2050kv motor.

Meh the T2T brace costs $3 on jennys, only other major difference between the V3 and v4 were the sliding motor mount on the v4 and the v4 had the worst radio system know to man while the V3 had the good old TTX300. The gearbox was revised for the V3 not the V4.
You refreshed my memory,😁 that's exactly what I was told ,that the 180 amp esc has a lot of fire issues.and I didn't read or hear anything about the 150 .as a matter of fact I remember asking a bunch of people on here if the v3 was a solid choice and they all said stay away from the older models.reason for getting the v3 at the time and not something newer was because I couldn't resist the great deal I got on mine ..other wise I would have just gone for a v5 or better..I'm not a hard basher so for me the v3 made sense 😁👍

The red can motors were great! Some say they were the best. The ESC's on the other hand... Slick covered it :cool:

I still have friends that have been using theirs for years with no issues

Escs or motors? Iirc not all of the escs were affected by the issue it was just a crapshoot as to whether or not you got a good one. Also iirc something wasn't soldered to some of the boards properly and could come off on impacts and whatever it was would basically cause the esc to start on fire without it.

Escs or motors? Iirc not all of the escs were affected by the issue it was just a crapshoot as to whether or not you got a good one. Also iirc something wasn't soldered to some of the boards properly and could come off on impacts and whatever it was would basically cause the esc to start on fire without it.
Red motors

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back