Kraton KratonEXB: Which stock screws could I replace with socket or better heads? And what other replacements besides parts can be done like bearings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edh

Reaction score
I am looking to tear down my Kraton EXB and do some upgrades. One thing I wanted to do was replace the screws with better ones in 12.9.

What I am asking:

1. What screws could be replaced with button heads? (Example: Servo mount screws could be replaced with button heads)

2.Should I keep it the same size? (Example: Replace M2x16mm Cap with M2x16mm Button or should I go with a smaller size like M1.5x16mm?)

3. What other replacements besides parts could I replace? (I read about replacing bushings with bearings but forgot which part it was for)

Thanks in advance!

The steering belcranks come with (4) Brass Oilite bushings. (n)Just buy a whole complete TRBRC set of Rubber Sealed BB's and the (4) Steering BB's to replace the Brass ones, They will be in the new BB kit. You will need spare BB's anyway. Just buy the complete set. ( 22 BB's in all) Cheaper this way, long term.
I sometimes replace many Button head M3 screws with M3 Socket heads. Having a deeper Hex. Usually in high stress areas/ parts. i.e. Wing mount to Rr. shock tower, and then back nut these screws. These tend to snap easily with impacts
Change out the 2 Motor mesh screws with M4 16-18mm 3mn Hexed Socket heads and (2) M4 washers. The stockers are "Button head 2.5 mm" and will easily strip out. Use Blue Thread locker on all metal on metal screws. Let cure for 24 hours before running. If you don't already do this.
All of the 6s line Arrma's comes stock with 12.9 grade steel screws standard out the box. FWIW. Unlike the 4x4 Arrma line which only uses 10.9 grade. Stay with legit 12.9 grade wherever you source them. I prefer the stock Arrma hardware kits. I get several of them from JennysRC.com. And store them neatly organized in a Husky parts container. Sometimes Home Depot will have M4 hardware, i.e. for the motor's M4 meshing screws and washers.
Stay away from SS hardware altogether. (n) Trust me. Been there.
Some ideas.
:cool:

Last edited:
I replace every single button head and countersunk screw that I can with socket heads, button and countersunk screws are way too easy to strip compared to socket heads. I am almost positive I have only every stripped 1 socket head screws.

And as far as stainless steel goes it's okay to use on things that do not support a load or won't be removed on a regular basis like your receiver box or esc mount.

Yeah SS can be used in low stress areas. For sure.
Just SS seems to be too soft and I have stripped out many hexes before. Some of them new, being installed for the first time. And I use MIP Hand drivers. FWIW.
RCScrewz sucks. Stay away, if you do go SS. Very poor quality Kits and with missing screws, low grade at that
Many buy the whole kit and expect to replace all with SS. The whole chassis, because they got the whole set of them. Been there.(n)

Last edited:
Yeah SS can be used in low stress areas. For sure.
Just SS seems to be too soft and I have stripped out many hexes before. Some of them new, being installed for the first time. And I use MIP Hand drivers. FWIW.
RCScrewz sucks. Stay away, if you do go SS. Very poor quality Kits and with missing screws, low grade at that
Many buy the whole kit and expect to replace all with SS. The whole chassis, because they got the whole set of them. Been there.(n)

RC Raven is the same way cheap crappy screws, missing certain sizes entirely, too many of others and ss washers and nuts that aren't even needed for some reason.

Team KNK is the only one that I know of that uses quality ss and offers all of the screws, aside from the proprietary screws of course ie no steering step screws, hinge pins or the pins for the rear chassis brace and wing mount. Team KNK also substitutes as many of the button heads with socket heads as they can.

I am looking to tear down my Kraton EXB and do some upgrades. One thing I wanted to do was replace the screws with better ones in 12.9.

What I am asking:

1. What screws could be replaced with button heads? (Example: Servo mount screws could be replaced with button heads)

2.Should I keep it the same size? (Example: Replace M2x16mm Cap with M2x16mm Button or should I go with a smaller size like M1.5x16mm?)

3. What other replacements besides parts could I replace? (I read about replacing bushings with bearings but forgot which part it was for)

Thanks in advance!

Share this here today
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/need-help-with-my-first-rc-car-kraton-6s.66044/post-1006390

I like the cap head for the motor screw mount.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back