Kraton SWB vs LWB. What do you like better for all around fun? K or O?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheels007

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
I like to bash...but not crazy. I like speed...but run in medium sized places "half acre to an acre of land". I like being nimble...but hold the ground well w/o flipping in tight turns. I'm just all around fun to drive. What wheel base am I? Kraton or Outcast?:)

K here. I don't do alot of stunting, more track ripping. Can't make turns with the front end off the ground? Weird..🤣🤣
Talion....🤣
Woulda had one if Arrma didn't turn it into an EXB..maybe one day I'll buy the needed parts to convert a K to a T..
I like to bash...but not crazy. I like speed...but run in medium sized places "half acre to an acre of land". I like being nimble...but hold the ground well w/o flipping in tight turns. I'm just all around fun to drive. What wheel base am I? Kraton or Outcast?:)
Oops, forgot to categorize you!! T or K, you're not really fitting into the O class..😉🤣🤣🍻
Me either..unless O stands for Obese..to which, I qualify!!😔🤔🤷‍♂️🤣

Last edited:
K here. I don't do alot of stunting, more track ripping. Can't make turns with the front end off the ground? Weird..🤣🤣

Woulda had one if Arrma didn't turn it into an EXB..maybe one day I'll buy the needed parts to convert a K to a T..

Oops, forgot to categorize you!! T or K, you're not really fitting into the O class..😉🤣🤣🍻
Me either..unless O stands for Obese..to which, I qualify!!😔🤔🤷‍♂️🤣
The Kraton wheelies a lot? I thought it was a bit more tamed than its SWB kin? I don't really like the looks of the Talion. Something about it just turns me off🤣.

Last edited:
The tire diameter and wheelbase proportions are your only determining factors between centrifugal forces for wheelies/flips/stunts and technical course driving. I only own XLWB and SWB 6S chassis' with both wide arm and narrow arm configurations into an endless combo of tire packages depending on how I want to bash.

The only reason in my opinion to own a LWB is because you wanted a tweener that's "decent" at everything and don't own any other 6S off-road options. Obviously, diff fluid plays a role along with weight distribution in both bashing and technical driving but for the most part Arrma's offerings are strictly scale.

The tire diameter and wheelbase proportions are your only determining factors between centrifugal forces for wheelies/flips/stunts and technical course driving. I only own XLWB and SWB 6S chassis' with both wide arm and narrow arm configurations into an endless combo of tire packages depending on how I want to bash.

The only reason in my opinion to own a LWB is because you wanted a tweener that's "decent" at everything and don't own any other 6S off-road options. Obviously, diff fluid plays a role along with weight distribution in both bashing and technical driving but for the most part Arrma's offerings are strictly scale.
Ahh I see, thanks for doing and sharing all the above mods...that's a whole lotta combos!

Dude, if you want to carve turns without flipping and have a great handling car, go Typhon all the way. Best handling SWB by a long shot, and a freaking missile, too, it’s the lightest 6s. Unless you want big sends and tons of wheelies, but that‘s really not my bag.

I find SWB like the Outcast don't fit my style well at all. The short wheelbase and wide width which make it so good for stunting detracts the ground handling quite a bit. Large diameter wheels/tires always generate more wheelies.

Dude, if you want to carve turns without flipping and have a great handling car, go Typhon all the way. Best handling SWB by a long shot, and a freaking missile, too, it’s the lightest 6s. Unless you want big sends and tons of wheelies, but that‘s really not my bag.
I’ll stand by my opinion as this being the best all around intro to 6S rig available. Can speed run 100+mph easily, entertain course racing, or stunt bash with minimal alterations. The v5 chassis is as tough as they come short of purposely being destructive.

Thanks for all the great feed back guys! I really appreciate it. I've been watching a lot of YT vids about the different RC's out there. While they are great at explaining the ins & outs of a specific vehicle, I haven't found many comparing the style of RC pro's and con's.

I’ll stand by my opinion as this being the best all around intro to 6S rig available. Can speed run 100+mph easily, entertain course racing, or stunt bash with minimal alterations. The v5 chassis is as tough as they come short of purposely being destructive.
Good call too. Ground clearance is my only complaint with the buggies.
I know there's pics of a Typhon XL incoming @Garcbomber 😎👍🍻
Which is a badass rig BTW!!

Last edited:
I got back into RC last year by getting an RC8B4E (in my profile pic) and I wound up selling it once I got my Noto. I don't see the allure of the buggies anymore, as they're so low that they're practically on-road cars. I've thought about getting a Typhon and putting some bigger wheels on it etc. to retry that whole buggy route. People seem to love them.

I got back into RC last year by getting an RC8B4E (in my profile pic) and I wound up selling it once I got my Noto. I don't see the allure of the buggies anymore, as they're so low that they're practically on-road cars. I've thought about getting a Typhon and putting some bigger wheels on it etc. to retry that whole buggy route. People seem to love them.
They're more "terrain limited" for sure.

Mojave towers and arms/suspension give the ground clearance and width to really be dynamic on all-terrain.

Honestly not sure why arrma never RTR’d this configuration with a unique body, but it ends up being a perfectly square 13”x13” wheelbase. The TLR package can keep the narrow arms/wheels for the dedicated track market.

IMG_0740.jpeg

Mojave towers and arms/suspension give the ground clearance and width to really be dynamic on all-terrain.

Honestly not sure why arrma never RTR’d this configuration with a unique body, but it ends up being a perfectly square 13”x13” wheelbase. The TLR package can keep the narrow arms/wheels for the dedicated track market.

View attachment 335970
Love it!!🍻
My rendition, K6EXB with Mojo running gear. Still running Kraton body on it. I was planning on getting an Asuga body for it but then decided maybe exposed front tower wasn't what I wanted. I stuck with LWB, I prefer the straight line stability it gives it. Be cool if we could run them together on a track to see how they compare.

20230404_202624.jpg

20230922_142420.jpg

Love it!!🍻
My rendition, K6EXB with Mojo running gear. Still running Kraton body on it. I was planning on getting an Asuga body for it but then decided maybe exposed front tower wasn't what I wanted. I stuck with LWB, I prefer the straight line stability it gives it. Be cool if we could run them together on a track to see how they compare.

View attachment 335985

View attachment 335986
What are your center to center wheel dimensions? Mojave stub/hubs too?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back