Kraton SWB vs LWB. What do you like better for all around fun? K or O?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are your center to center wheel dimensions? Mojave stub/hubs too?
Yes, Mojo hubs/stubs. I get 11.75 center to center on Mojo tires. Should match Mojo 6s stock width.. I measured about 15" on a stock K6. I could probably use a bit more width, it does traction roll periodically. Also does push turns on throttle. It's fun though. It actually hangs with my brothers TRX Sludge fairly well, K6 rtr too. The Sludge is running TRX Response Pro 5.75" mini pins, K6 on CH2'S. Which are greasy, but so are Fortress, but less so.

Yes, Mojo hubs/stubs. I get 11.75 center to center on Mojo tires. Should match Mojo 6s stock width.. I measured about 15" on a stock K6. I could probably use a bit more width, it does traction roll periodically. Also does push turns on throttle. It's fun though. It actually hangs with my brothers TRX Sludge fairly well, K6 rtr too. The Sludge is running TRX Response Pro 5.75" mini pins, K6 on CH2'S. Which are greasy, but so are Fortress, but less so.
Had to double check my measurement, that’s outside wheel offset for a full 13”. Makes sense if you’re going to the hub/adapter c-c…

My Big Rock-Kraton XL is 17x17” for reference, Notorious is 13x17

Lucky 7x7 for this bad boy 😂

IMG_1061.jpeg

*Side note, even after 10+ years in the metric world of automotive I go back to SAE. Sorry but you know the conversion too. ;)

Last edited:
Had to double check my measurement, that’s outside wheel offset for a full 13”. Makes sense if you’re going to the hub/adapter c-c…

My Big Rock-Kraton XL is 17x17” for reference, Notorious is 13x17

Lucky 7x7 for this bad boy 😂

View attachment 336040

*Side note, even after 10+ years in the metric world of automotive I go back to SAE. Sorry but you know the conversion too. ;)
Yeah, I think I misunderstood "center to center".. my version could benefit from an inch or so more width..I don't speak in metric either, LOL.
I have run 1/2 offset wheels and tires on my 1/8 truggies before, there's a point where too wide starts negatively affecting handling I feel. Interestingly, TRX relies on 1/2 offset on most of their rigs to spec out to say Arrma, TC, Tekno "standard" width truggies.

The truggy-buggy is cool. Back in the 90's I did that to my Traxxas Hawk 2. I used wide ribbed front tires and different rear wheels with a buggy body. I remember my cousin making fun of me at the time for having a Mad Max monster thing compared to his Associated RC 10. The laughing stopped after I let him try it. He loved it.

My main RC area is short grass these days. So something higher off the ground would be better. There's a sand/construction pit in walking distance, but they're kicking everyone out because kids were vandalizing the equipment😞 . Those tractors aren't cheap.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back