Talion Late to the party ……

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razz007

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
So as I wait for the asbestos gaskets to be delivered , I shoved a silicone ear plug into the centre diff , having all four tyres balloon the same makes for some great handling . Lovely jubbly
B73D2D3B-9C42-4800-8368-752032ABD792.jpeg
40C773C7-1759-4A69-8225-539463720D0B.jpeg
E859AB5A-2688-4A6A-AE2D-A1F6F52778E8.jpeg

Asbestos? I wouldn't touch anything like that with a 1 mile pole.
Love the Talion as well, my favorite.
In the uk the gaskets were withdrawn cos of the asbestos in the diff gaskets , my local shop can not get any , so through in the earplugs , they work great and do not leak

So what gaskets were you trying to get? I’m amazed anything is made from asbestos anymore.

Compass, cereal box, Stanley knife.
All you need to make a diff gasket.

Well that’s the handy thing with earplugs , you don’t need a diff gasket . Lovely jubbly

Iv run ear plugs in a Kraton for over a year…… she’s hard on the truck but good fun 🤙.
This is just an option if you decide to go to a thinner fluid and still can’t get a non toxic gasket 😷

78697802-F9A6-4ED6-8D9D-E6DE052855E2.jpeg

In the uk the gaskets were withdrawn cos of the asbestos in the diff gaskets , my local shop can not get any , so through in the earplugs , they work great and do not leak
@Badtouch The basher has the the tekjo gaskets for us uk guys. Inexpensive, around £6. Free p&p.

The silicon earplugs. Heard mixed stories after several sessions, but never tried them myself. Seems to depend on make/model of the plugs themselves and how hot your diff gets during runs, heat transfers from the motor.

Possibly…….Many brands of silicone earplugs out there and iv only used the one.
In my situation…… The above pic of the diff has had roughly 15 packs through it. As you can see with the imprints in the diff cup nothing moves. Maybe if you were to not pack it so tight you may get some slippage.

What is Asbestos??? Sound like Jeopardy :ROFLMAO:, google is your friend.

Apparently our diff seals contain asbestos, I'll be cutting my own going forward, but not at that point yet. Need to confirm this first.

What is this?
It is a fibrous crystal that manufactures use to make brake pads, gaskets, etc. It was an inexpensive product and provided durability in certain parts. It is extremely harmful if you inhale into your lungs, causing fibrousus and even cancer. It has been made illegal to use in most products, yet some manufacturers still seem to be using.

WOW! I thought it had been banned in the US. Didn't realize that it is still in use anywhere... I had to remediate the asbestos in my barn and that cost a lot. The rules are strict for getting rid of it so I assumed the same was for all uses.. That's crazy. Only a small particle is needed for it to affect your lungs..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back