Kraton Leopard 58113 bullet connectors are too big for the max5!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefy nugz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Don’t recall anybody mentioning this. I just figured all 5th scale stuff was compatible. Max5 bullet holes are 6.5mm, the leopard 58113 bullets are like 7-8mm. I guess the only option would be to solder some 6.5ers on to the motor. Any cons to putting a smaller connector on to this type of motor?

I know this combo has been done many times.

just use some adapters. Pretty sure that motor has 8mm plugs which would have fit in an xlx2 perfectly. radiocontrolpower has 8mm to 6.5mm motor adapter wires for 10$ if you don't want to make them yourself.

Almost went xlx2 but it’s a basher so said screw it, don’t want to risk a fire lol. I’ll look into the adapters but I’m kinda under the impression the less the better…

Almost went xlx2 but it’s a basher so said screw it, don’t want to risk a fire lol. I’ll look into the adapters but I’m kinda under the impression the less the better…
if it makes you feel any better, I run motor wire extensions on probably 28 out of 32 rigs and never had a problem. I do like to heat shrink the bullets to ensure they wont come out from hard bashing though. TP motor wires are short so anyone who uses TP motors HAS to do it or solder extra wire to the motor wires.

Thanks for the advice I’ll look into it. Tryin to get this sucker out this weekend so whatever my lhs has in stock I’ll probably go with, weather it be adapters or 6.5 bullets that I can solder on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back