Lift kit? Tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Encourage you to drive it stock awhile. Could get extended body post but you may roll more with higher center of gravity. Looks cool but you may not like the handling. Bigger tires could lead to more heat and may need to gear down. Let others chime in with more experience.

Fuel economy and power loss through aerodynamics/cg and additional rotating mass -2

Walmart parking lot meet respect +1

You can add preload to the shocks. I think it's included in the box
Sadly nothing came in the box when we got it and just now realizing things should have😂
Encourage you to drive it stock awhile. Could get extended body post but you may roll more with higher center of gravity. Looks cool but you may not like the handling. Bigger tires could lead to more heat and may need to gear down. Let others chime in with more experience.
That makes that big of a difference on these electric RC cars?
The thing already gets hot as crap in tye state I'm in.

That makes that big of a difference on these electric RC cars?
The thing already gets hot as crap in tye state I'm in.
Handling wise, lifting your RC up has a big effect on how often it'll roll over in corners. It is generally advised to have your suspension arms parallel to the ground for the best handling.

Heat wise, lifting your suspension can  actually prevent heat as you don't have as much friction if you're running on tall grass.

However, bigger wheels cost more power to get turning, meaning that lifting your RC with bigger wheels means more heat. Also, larger diameter wheels/tires have the same effect as gearing up, creating even more heat.

The Granite has some pretty good wheels on it out of the box. One of the number one tire choices for the 3s line is to put Granite tires on their rigs. Also, you want to be careful on the size and type of tire you upgrade to. I would not recommend anything larger than a 2.8. The extra weight will also wear on your drivetrain and cause unnecessary breakage. For me personally the Granite already unstable, it is the main reason I went with a Big Rock, but that is just my opinion.
As for preloading, there should have been black plastic clips of various sizes in the bag with the manual. Use those to adjust the stiffness of your springs. They won't actually raise or lower it, just effect how the truck reacts to bumps, jumps, and turns.
Take it out, learn to drive it and bash it, and most of all just have fun. Happy bashing.

Edit:
20230116_145525.jpg

These are the clips (a few) that you can put on shocks to preload your springs.

Last edited:
The Granite has some pretty good wheels on it out of the box. One of the number one tire choices for the 3s line is to put Granite tires on their rigs. Also, you want to be careful on the size and type of tire you upgrade to. I would not recommend anything larger than a 2.8. The extra weight will also wear on your drivetrain and cause unnecessary breakage. For me personally the Granite already unstable, it is the main reason I went with a Big Rock, but that is just my opinion.
As for preloading, there should have been black plastic clips of various sizes in the bag with the manual. Use those to adjust the stiffness of your springs. They won't actually raise or lower it, just effect how the truck reacts to bumps, jumps, and turns.
Take it out, learn to drive it and bash it, and most of all just have fun. Happy bashing.

Edit:
View attachment 270661
These are the clips (a few) that you can put on shocks to preload your springs.
Ah gotcha! Honestly no idea where the manual or original parts are. My sons drives it way more than me. Just had to replace the motor because the original one went out (got it last Aug). I guess well just keep it stock for the most part. Nothing has broke yet and he hits stuff and jumps it pretty good. Thing can take a good beating!

Any recommendations on keeping it cooled down a bit? Add the 2 fans to the top of the motor?

Any recommendations on keeping it cooled down a bit? Add the 2 fans to the top of the motor?
Here is what I use in my 6s trucks. Not the biggest but does a great job at keeping my motors from getting too hot.

Twin 30mm27000RPM RC Motor Cooling Fan Surpass RC Car Motor Heatsink with Metal Cover Brushless Motor Heatsink for 1/8 RC Car 40/ 42mm Brushless Motor Black https://a.co/d/gqVwyVM
20220616_191042_HDR.jpg

Here is what I use in my 6s trucks. Not the biggest but does a great job at keeping my motors from getting too hot.

Twin 30mm27000RPM RC Motor Cooling Fan Surpass RC Car Motor Heatsink with Metal Cover Brushless Motor Heatsink for 1/8 RC Car 40/ 42mm Brushless Motor Black https://a.co/d/gqVwyVMView attachment 270672
Awesome i'll have to check something like that out. There is 1 fan I put in already right next the motor but for some reason it doesn't work half the time when mounted upright. I undo it off the double sided sticky and all the sudden it works when I put it face down so unsure if that is just how these fans work or what.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back