Typhon 3s Wide Track Kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qwik86

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m building a Typhon 3S from the ground up starting with a stripped chassis from JRC. I figured it would be best to buy the parts I want than to pay for things twice. I’ve done this in the past with Traxxas Boats but I’m getting back into cars for a while. I have a Vendetta and a Granite that I bought used and repaired. I bought the Wide Track Kit (ARA230008) for the Granite and I’m wondering if it’s compatible with the Typhon. I haven’t held the Typhon suspension arms yet so I don’t know the length so I’m wondering if they’re already wide. It appears that the 3S chassis’s are basically the same so I’m thinking the Wide Track Kit would fit but it’s only listed for the Granite and Senton. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
IMG_5662.jpeg

Hi guys, I’m building a Typhon 3S from the ground up starting with a stripped chassis from JRC. I figured it would be best to buy the parts I want than to pay for things twice. I’ve done this in the past with Traxxas Boats but I’m getting back into cars for a while. I have a Vendetta and a Granite that I bought used and repaired. I bought the Wide Track Kit (ARA230008) for the Granite and I’m wondering if it’s compatible with the Typhon. I haven’t held the Typhon suspension arms yet so I don’t know the length so I’m wondering if they’re already wide. It appears that the 3S chassis’s are basically the same so I’m thinking the Wide Track Kit would fit but it’s only listed for the Granite and Senton. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank YouView attachment 334672

I believe the Typhon and Big Rock 3S arms are the same,and they are the widest.
Yes they are interchangeable.

The only arms that are even wider are the Kraton and Outcast 4S V2 arms... Which also fits the 3S chassis, But you will need their specific driveshafts and hubs to make those work.

Ok, I’ll look into that. Do you know if I can find dimensions for comparison?

Thank YouView attachment 334672

How do you like the paddles? Thinking about some for my big rock 😁

So Far……… they look great, I haven’t put it on the ground yet. 😀 Well, I did once and I should have taken a picture, because I didn’t realize they weren’t glued. The two front tires rolled off on their own and the truck face planted in my back yard. 😂

IMG_5661.jpeg

I recently changed the front bumper so I could add a LED Light Bar. It’s a little different but due to the truck being an older model it still sits tight against the body.

So Far……… they look great, I haven’t put it on the ground yet. 😀 Well, I did once and I should have taken a picture, because I didn’t realize they weren’t glued. The two front tires rolled off on their own and the truck face planted in my back yard. 😂

View attachment 334693

I've done this before.. no shame!! 🤣🤪
Maybe we will have some snow you can rip em in soon 😁

How do you like the paddles? Thinking about some for my big rock 😁
I ran the truck today on the paddle tires and it ripped for about 4 minutes until I found the first weakness. I broke the input to the rear differential in two. I bought this truck used and the guy put it away with water in the rear end and motor mount. I changed the motor mount to the BLX and added a Hobbywing Quicrun system to it (WP 10BL120 with a 4000kv motor). I upgraded the shafts when I installed the Wide Track kit but I guess I should’ve looked a little closer at the rear end. I planned to upgrade to metal but not this soon.😕 It was really fast though!😎

IMG_5732.jpeg

I ran the truck today on the paddle tires and it ripped for about 4 minutes until I found the first weakness. I broke the input to the rear differential in two. I bought this truck used and the guy put it away with water in the rear end and motor mount. I changed the motor mount to the BLX and added a Hobbywing Quicrun system to it (WP 10BL120 with a 4000kv motor). I upgraded the shafts when I installed the Wide Track kit but I guess I should’ve looked a little closer at the rear end. I planned to upgrade to metal but not this soon.😕 It was really fast though!😎

View attachment 335118
Wow that thing is seriously rusted 😮

Wow that thing is seriously rusted 😮
Yeah I knew the slipper bearings were seized but I should’ve kept looking. It was running but I assume that bearing seized today as well. Changing everything to metal now and replacing every bearing in the vehicle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back