Limitless Limitless top speed on felony motor/esc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyJ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Vorteks
Anybody have a guesstimate how fast a limitless with spektrum 150a firma esc and 2050kv felony motor running two 5000mh 100c 3s lipos will go with each stock gear? It comes with two I believe. I'm new to RC so I thought 8s would be too fast for my first speed run attempts, I also couldn't find any good deals on 8s motors/esc.

Last edited:
This is what my speed calculator says running the included spur and pinion and not taking into account the amp limit of the esc or the fact that those batteries only have a true c rate of 29c and are not good batteries for speed runs.

35r2534tersdhggd.jpg

The 150a RTR esc will be the weak point. If you find after trying this out that you want to speed run more, then a Castle XLX2 or MMX8s are the only 2 good options period.

I don't know of anyone that has gone over 100mph with the 6s esc from Arrma and not cheated in some way.

Most of us have found it peaks out between 94 and 99 mph.

Lots of fun running at those speeds. If you take the calculator Slick posted and account for voltage drop. Typical is around 1v per cell so -6v for a 6s setup it will provide a more reasonable speed output.

https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

1646691249195.png

The 150a RTR esc will be the weak point. If you find after trying this out that you want to speed run more, then a Castle XLX2 or MMX8s are the only 2 good options period.

I don't know of anyone that has gone over 100mph with the 6s esc from Arrma and not cheated in some way.

Most of us have found it peaks out between 94 and 99 mph.

Lots of fun running at those speeds. If you take the calculator Slick posted and account for voltage drop. Typical is around 1v per cell so -6v for a 6s setup it will provide a more reasonable speed output.

https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

View attachment 204945
I always forget to account for vdroop.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the cell count as being too fast because it’s all dependent on how it’s setup and geared.

If you’re new to speedrunning, the stock setup is perfect for learning. You’ll be able to get speeds ranging from 80s to 90s

Throw the speed pinion in and run it. After so many passes you’ll learn how important throttle control is and suspension setup. Once you get comfortable on 80s consistently, try for 90s with modifications and so on.. making 10mph goals.

You’ll find a bunch of info in the forums!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back