Limitless We need a fix for the Limitless minimum top speed problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still grasping @ the 145mph limitations at minimum! I'm still trying to get there!!!🤣
I totally read that wrong. I just went back and yes, @Diem Turner was correct, the OP was complaining about the minimum speed you could drive it with existing spool gearing. So I sincerely apologize for my snarky, sarcastic reply to one Mr. @Apex Zulu . I really thought some smartie two-shoes was just being funny.
I guess now that I understand (sort of) the post, I’m still confused though. The Lim is the all out, center-spooled, equal shafts speed runner. Why not buy an Infraction or Felony if you just want to hoon around parking lots, that is their forte and why the option exists.
But seriously, sorry for my sarcastic reply to what I didn’t realize was a sincere post.
IMG_2675.jpeg

I've discovered the gearing solution that aligns perfectly with my vision for recreating the early 2000's 1/5 scale RC F1 racing with the Arrma Limitless V2. By ordering custom drive shafts from Scorched RC, I'll be able to integrate the 50t center differential from the 6s line into my setup. Why is this important? I'm not looking for speeds exceeding 100mph. I may not even reach that speed with my intended use. However, this modification has already been successfully implemented by others.

The beauty of this solution lies in its versatility. While the stock gearing allows for an impressive 145mph top speed, my goal is to create a platform that closely emulates the dynamics of RC F1 tarmac racing of the early to mid 2000's. With access to a spacious asphalt area, my focus is on maximizing lateral G-forces and controllable acceleration.

But wait, there's more. I'm not just talking about a center differential upgrade, I'm knee-deep in designing a custom 3D-printed floor featuring a weather-stripping sealed bolt-on design. The Limitless floor lacks a choke point to accelerate the expansion of air other than the diffuser (which is not that great as it is). Initial tests suggest significant gains in downforce generation at much lower speeds when you can introduce a choke point at the center of the chassis before the diffuser. It baffles me why the Limitless floor lacks that strategic choke point for the acceleration of air expansion/pressure drop.

Drawing inspiration from the FSR/FTX Model GT, I'm struck by the engineering brilliance behind its floor design. The exceptional handling reported in YouTube reviews undoubtedly stems from the aero load generated by that beautiful floor. By incorporating the center diff option, I can fine-tune front-to-rear drive bias through differential fluid adjustments.

I understand some people might not get my gearing approach, and it diverges from the typical use of the Limitless, but it represents the first step towards realizing my vision of recreating the large-scale RC F1 cars that no longer exist. The nitro 1/4 and 1/5 scale Losi, Kyosho, or Yankee F1 cars were a great fit in RC at the time due to their primitive aero concepts.

I now want a product that doesn't exist, but it is within reach. While there may not be products on the market directly comparable to the Losi, Kyosho, or Yankee F1 nitro cars, I'm committed to leveraging the open parts availability of the Limitless and modern 3D printing to achieve my goals.

I'm grateful for all the comments, as they have driven me to discover this innovative solution. Ultimately, seeing this project through to completion is what I believe will put the biggest smile on my face.

If you're listening Arrma, A licensed product with Formula 1 should be explored.

Back