Limitless We need a fix for the Limitless minimum top speed problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex Zulu

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Unlocking the Full Potential of Limitless V2: A Year Onward. In our pursuit of RC excellence, the query persists: can we engineer a pathway to integrate a standard 50t differential from the Arrma 6s line? The current velocity constraints, limiting the top speed to a minimum of 145 mph, feel counterintuitive for those seeking a more versatile street-bashing experience akin to an F1 car.

The V1 Limitless, by comparison, gracefully accommodates a 50t center diff, offering enthusiasts a broader spectrum of applications. The desire for a street-savvy, all-around performer should not be overshadowed by an inherent need for blistering top speeds. This limitation risks pigeonholing an otherwise versatile platform into a singular, straight-line speed run archetype.

In our community, there exists a collective yearning for innovation—a solution that transcends the current constraints. It's time to bridge the gap and explore possibilities that grant us control over our RC experience. The absence of a larger spur shouldn't dictate the narrative. Let us rally together, passionate in our pursuit of an inclusive solution. Our collective ingenuity can redefine the Limitless V2, offering a platform that caters to a broader spectrum of enthusiasts. As we navigate this crossroads, let it be a testament to our commitment to excellence and the pursuit of RC mastery.

Without a resolution, the prospect of seeking alternatives, such as acquiring a V1 from secondary markets, looms. Let's harness our collective passion to unlock the true potential of the Limitless V2—a platform deserving of its name and the aspirations of its community.

Let's engineer a solution that Arrma's engineers can't or won't.

Unlocking the Full Potential of Limitless V2: A Year Onward. In our pursuit of RC excellence, the query persists: can we engineer a pathway to integrate a standard 50t differential from the Arrma 6s line? The current velocity constraints, limiting the top speed to a minimum of 145 mph, feel counterintuitive for those seeking a more versatile street-bashing experience akin to an F1 car.

The V1 Limitless, by comparison, gracefully accommodates a 50t center diff, offering enthusiasts a broader spectrum of applications. The desire for a street-savvy, all-around performer should not be overshadowed by an inherent need for blistering top speeds. This limitation risks pigeonholing an otherwise versatile platform into a singular, straight-line speed run archetype.

In our community, there exists a collective yearning for innovation—a solution that transcends the current constraints. It's time to bridge the gap and explore possibilities that grant us control over our RC experience. The absence of a larger spur shouldn't dictate the narrative. Let us rally together, passionate in our pursuit of an inclusive solution. Our collective ingenuity can redefine the Limitless V2, offering a platform that caters to a broader spectrum of enthusiasts. As we navigate this crossroads, let it be a testament to our commitment to excellence and the pursuit of RC mastery.

Without a resolution, the prospect of seeking alternatives, such as acquiring a V1 from secondary markets, looms. Let's harness our collective passion to unlock the true potential of the Limitless V2—a platform deserving of its name and the aspirations of its community.

I love to re/over-engineer things. When I built mine I did some interesting things, and found it was solved in other ways as well. The V2 solved the XLX2 fitting problem by making the battery box smaller.

The Limitless/Felony/Infraction platform has plenty of aftermarket parts and you can make it whatever you want. Many people have broken the 200 MPH mark, which is incredible considering even a year ago it hadn't happened. If you decide to go rogue and do something brand new there is a forum of people here to bounce the idea off.

I don’t understand the problem. I was able to quite easily setup my V2 with a top speed of 60 mph (bigger spur, smaller pinion, lower kv motor, 6S). What am I missing?
I just got my V2.. actually still waiting for the XLX2 to arrive. I understand the gearing part and I see there is enough room for a bigger spur but I'm curious as to the tooth count for each gear you used?

I just got my V2.. actually still waiting for the XLX2 to arrive. I understand the gearing part and I see there is enough room for a bigger spur but I'm curious as to the tooth count for each gear you used?

Hello RS. I have two different sets because of the motor size:

2028 1100kV motor: 32 pinion / 46 spur (+ 56 series sliding motor mount plate)
1717 1650kV motor: 25 pinion / 46 spur (stock sliding motor mount plate)

Awesome . Thanks . Currently have the same 1717 motor. I thought it was best to start slow until I get to be a good driver ( maybe even better than real cars .... had a few accidents lol ) And get everything tweaked
Other than gearing you can also start with lower voltage. Pushing 3s or 4s to 100+mph is a great way to tweak the car and get familiar with driving it. Crashes will be a lot cheaper as well

My v1 is nothing like the original, but if i read it right your goal is to fit larger spurs so you can lower your diffratio?

Plenty of aftermarket motormounts and a quick fix would be to lift up the original a little with some extra rings or 3dpinted plate.
Did this with my Hobarrrma ( Hobao GTB with loads of modded Arrma parts ) had to buy 3 mm shims to jack up motor mount/ center diff mount to run a Castle 1717 . works fine.

Other than gearing you can also start with lower voltage. Pushing 3s or 4s to 100+mph is a great way to tweak the car and get familiar with driving it. Crashes will be a lot cheaper as well
well i do have a couple of 3s batteries here but only 5 qs8 connectors can I not just limit the throttle with the radio? that was my original thought

Last edited:
well i do have a couple of 3s batteries here but only 5 qs8 connectors can I not just limit the throttle with the radio? that was my original thought
If you don't have batteries at hand with <8mm connectors, better not bother indeed. Throttle limiting on the radio will work to certain extend. Grasping the effects of gearing will be weird as its a different kind of limit, but for speedfeel and suspention tuning it will be fine.
Speaking of radio's, have you thought of the range you will need?
Talk about over thinking something. What the heck is this a journalist that knows quite literally nothing about setting up a limitless??? What a bizarre read lol
journalist or chatgpt

If you don't have batteries at hand with <8mm connectors, better not bother indeed. Throttle limiting on the radio will work to certain extend. Grasping the effects of gearing will be weird as its a different kind of limit, but for speedfeel and suspention tuning it will be fine.
Speaking of radio's, have you thought of the range you will need?

journalist or chatgpt
I have 2 x 3s with xt90 which I use in my Typhon. Bought 2 x 4s CNHL G+plus for the limitless also with xt90 but have a 5 piece set of PP QS8v2 connectors I was going to have to solder to the batteries etc etc. Can only do one set at the moment although I think I can run this motor on 4s so One battery would do to start. As for range I've asked myself how far away I can see the car and really don't know the answer. . I really like the screen and set up procedures of the Radiolink RCX8. I think it should be good enough ?

I have 2 x 3s with xt90 which I use in my Typhon. Bought 2 x 4s CNHL G+plus for the limitless also with xt90 but have a 5 piece set of PP QS8v2 connectors I was going to have to solder to the batteries etc etc. Can only do one set at the moment although I think I can run this motor on 4s so One battery would do to start. As for range I've asked myself how far away I can see the car and really don't know the answer. . I really like the screen and set up procedures of the Radiolink RCX8. I think it should be good enough ?
A single G+ 4S should be great to start with. They pack a good punch of amps.
Personnaly i have most of my batteries with 8mm bulletplugs so i can loop them in series easily and connect to a bullet-to-QS8 to a single QS8 at the esc. But generally at speedrunning you best have QS8 as a standard. Antisparks work great. I would not suggest to add a dual qs8 at the esc (then you need a loop connector to run a single) and use seperate series connector. But that's me.

RCX8 is a very nice radio indeed. Probably second best in range atm. Might be smart to run the R8FG dual antenna receiver and make them go up high.

Dead motor! I plugged the esc wires into my other 2050kv spektrum motor and it runs with no problem. Guess it's warranty time. What sucks is that I got a 150amp spektrum esc/2050 kv motor pulled from a Felony, and I have actually tried to kill that thing running heavy gears in the summer (115F ambient) on my Kraton, no issues EVER. I get 9 days on this new out of the box Big Rock 6s. Quality of Spektrum products have always seemed suspect when I talk to others in the hobby. I guess I finally won the Spektrum Lotto.
@Apex Zulu , A bit off topic but it's been bothering me..... Did you use AI/ChatGPT to write that piece of prose introducing this thread? ..... It's either that or you should be pursuing a career as a wordsmith. I was comparing to your other posts (see the second quote in this reply) and they seem much more at the level of one of the guys. Forgive me for asking but my curiosity got the better of me. :)

A single G+ 4S should be great to start with. They pack a good punch of amps.
Personnaly i have most of my batteries with 8mm bulletplugs so i can loop them in series easily and connect to a bullet-to-QS8 to a single QS8 at the esc. But generally at speedrunning you best have QS8 as a standard. Antisparks work great. I would not suggest to add a dual qs8 at the esc (then you need a loop connector to run a single) and use seperate series connector. But that's me.

RCX8 is a very nice radio indeed. Probably second best in range atm. Might be smart to run the R8FG dual antenna receiver and make them go up high.
thanks for your advice

The V1 Limitless, by comparison, gracefully accommodates a 50t center diff, offering enthusiasts a broader spectrum of applications.. The absence of a larger spur shouldn't dictate the narrative.
Why do you want a 50 tooth spur gear if you want to go over 145mph? Or a center diff for that matter? I don’t get it…
Let us rally together, passionate in our pursuit of an inclusive solution. Our collective ingenuity can redefine the Limitless V2, offering a platform that caters to a broader spectrum of enthusiasts.
You can set them up for parking lot bashing or do a couple tweaks and go challenge a record. Again, I think I’m missing your point?
As we navigate this crossroads, let it be a testament to our commitment to excellence and the pursuit of RC mastery.
😮
Read this speed demons forum much?
And which crossroads was that?
Ummm… bigger spur gears? Going backwards to a center diff? Just asking….
Oh crap, I get it! We’re being punked! 😂 Did you get all of that flowery prose from AI, or was that you? Cause that was inspiring, you almost had me there for a minute.

Why do you want a 50 tooth spur gear if you want to go over 145mph? Or a center diff for that matter? I don’t get it…

You can set them up for parking lot bashing or do a couple tweaks and go challenge a record. Again, I think I’m missing your point?

😮
Read this speed demons forum much?
And which crossroads was that?

Ummm… bigger spur gears? Going backwards to a center diff? Just asking….
Oh crap, I get it! We’re being punked! 😂 Did you get all of that flowery prose from AI, or was that you? Cause that was inspiring, you almost had me there for a minute.
I think there's a little confusion here. The claim is that the Lim V2 has a minimum top speed of 145mph and, while that's great for speed runners, it's , shall we say, sub-optimal for anything else. I'm not sure where this claim stems from or what motor/cell count is in the "145mph minimum Lim V2". If it's a 1721 on 8S, I could probably buy that it would be difficult to get a Lim V2 under 130mph because the 39T spur requires, I believe, at minimum a 29T pinion to clear the lowest TTC of the stock motor mount. Why 8S would be the basis from which you're calculating, however, eludes me.

I think there's a little confusion here. The claim is that the Lim V2 has a minimum top speed of 145mph and, while that's great for speed runners, it's , shall we say, sub-optimal for anything else. I'm not sure where this claim stems from or what motor/cell count is in the "145mph minimum Lim V2". If it's a 1721 on 8S, I could probably buy that it would be difficult to get a Lim V2 under 130mph because the 39T spur requires, I believe, at minimum a 29T pinion to clear the lowest TTC of the stock motor mount. Why 8S would be the basis from which you're calculating, however, eludes me.
I'm still grasping @ the 145mph limitations at minimum! I'm still trying to get there!!!🤣

Back