Limitless vs SWB tire survivability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
I have no doubt got the on road bug now. My limitless running 8s is very tire hungry but amazingly fun, this last set was my fault I ran them like crazy and they melted off the rim. But my question is do tires last any better on a swb lighter car running 6s or does it not really make a difference? I understand this isn't a straight forward answer, just looking for some experience. Seems like they would last much better

I usually get about 30+ outings on my speed run vehicles using grp tires. I don't think the length of the vehicle makes much difference. Technique and road conditions are arguably the two biggest factors.

I usually get about 30+ outings on my speed run vehicles using grp tires. I don't think the length of the vehicle makes much difference. Technique and road conditions are arguably the two biggest factors.
My apologies I should have specified further. I mean for general street bashing around, I bought the limitless because it is a beautiful car but now speed runs got me kind of hooked so I'm thinking about a SWB street basher. And to further that I'm considering more the weight difference making a difference with the tire wear

With regular street bashing and drifting, I think there may be more tire scrub with a LWB chassis. Having to fight push more. For bashing, no matter the tires they will just not last long at all. You can trash just about any tires in one pack. The added weight of an 8s and LBW could dramatize that for the worse. Also could just be splitting hairs and all.
With Speed running straight lines. I don't think it matters. LWB or Short. It's the tire compound, terrain, ambient temps, and wheel alignment and what running speed that will get the most life out of them..
There are many other variables. :cool:

With regular street bashing and drifting, I think there may be more tire scrub with a LWB chassis. Having to fight push more. For bashing, no matter the tires they will just not last long at all. You can trash just about any tires in one pack. The added weight of an 8s and LBW could dramatize that for the worse. Also could just be splitting hairs and all.
With Speed running straight lines. I don't think it matters. LWB or Short. It's the tire compound, terrain, ambient temps, and wheel alignment and what running speed that will get the most life out of them..
There are many other variables. :cool:
Poor tires get eaten alive lol. But man it is fun getting that intense speed so quick and smooth. I really have come to love it. Maybe I need a side job to fund the tires 😂

If bashing drifting, just have 4 pairs on hand. Mix em up.... some GRP's etc To find what works best for you. Backups for blow outs etc.
You can't even consider driving these rigs without spare tires on hand. You could end up going out with a few packs to run, and end up with a blowout in minutes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back