Lipo Battery Monitoring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKid

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys I am coming from owning only Traxxas to adding some Arma cars. With Traxxas their cars shut down when the batteries got to low (something like that). Do the Arma cars do a similar thing? How do you know when to stop using the car to protect battery and car?

Hey guys I am coming from owning only Traxxas to adding some Arma cars. With Traxxas their cars shut down when the batteries got to low (something like that). Do the Arma cars do a similar thing? How do you know when to stop using the car to protect battery and car?
Hey Buddy, the brushless arrmas have LVC (low voltage cutoff) which shuts the car down to maybe 1/3 power so you know you are done. Its in the manual. It is always good to check your esc to make sure you are in lipo mode on the esc. Check out the manual for programming it. some escs can be programmed for a certain voltages, not sure about the blx.

Yes they do go into "Limp mode" when they hit the relevant cutoff point which for the Kraton 6s is 3.2V per cell... You can sort of still drive it just very slowly which is good for getting the truck back to you and then turning it off...

I don't think the LVC level is programmable looking at the manual for it.

The ESC should have an LED indicator when it hits this. From memory its a solid red light that means it has hit the LVC.

There are 3rd party alarms that you can but that plug into the balance port of the lipo(s) as well if you are more worried. Turnigy Lipo Alarm Checker thingy. (You would need one for each battery if running 2x3s)

Ok thanks guys. the 1/3 power is perfect. That's what the Traxxas did. I already checked the ESC setup on both the cars so they are set to Lipo. Thanks again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back