Lipo terminal caps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldguywnewtoy

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
If you, like me, are sometimes concerned that during storage or transport of your lipo's, the terminals of one batt may touch the terminals of another, here's what I do. Although that may never happen with the recessed nature of the connectors, just to be safe, I put automotive rubber vacuum caps on mine. 3/8" ones work good for the positive side of most EC/IC type connectors, and 1/2" ones cover a Deans type connector. The longer styles can be cut down, and the cut-off piece could be used for wire management. I also use the small ones, 1/8", for antenna tube caps. Just use a small drill bit, 3/32", and bore thru the cap top. No drill needed, just twist with your fingers. Then feed your antenna wire thru the hole and fit the cap on the tube. I work in an Auto Parts Dept., so I get the 5 finger discount, but I don't think they are very much $ at your local parts store.

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

Ok idea if it mattered if one terminal touches another battery's terminal. We do it all the time when we plug in 2 batteries in series. You would have to cross + & - using the same 2 packs to make fireworks. Chances on that happening is slim to none.
Understood. It's just a little extra thing I do, just cause.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back