Outcast Looking for thoughts on building one of my 10th Anniversary trucks. (Evil Twins)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dscracing1320

BIG AIR BASHER
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave
  7. Mojave EXB
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Senton 3s
  11. Talion
  12. Typhon 6s
  13. Typhon 3s
Okay so I have 2 10th Anniversary Outcast trucks #102 and Mint #469.
#102 is next up on the building block. It's a super clean truck with only a few runs on it but it's not going to be a collector truck like #469.

I'm planning on building it and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the direction you'd take with it...

(Build Option #1)

Outcast exb xl. With a Lightweight Kraton Speed Chassis build and v5 / exb suspension, Exb diffs, scorched titanium driveshafts, BasherQueen carbon towers, aluminum suspension blocks, Hardened hinge pins my normal big air setup. (I prefer the kraton chassis in the air over the fairly unstable swb).

(Build Option #2)

Full Titanium swb build, Scorched Titanium swb chassis, exb diffs and suspension, titanium exb towers, titanium center driveshafts, BasherQueen carbon brace, aluminum suspension blocks Hardened hinge pins.

(Build Option #3)

M2C Full Swb lightweight speed chassis build, braces, exb diffs , exb suspension, BasherQueen Towers, center brace, aluminum suspension blocks and Hardened hinge pins.

I will be running a Reefs Raw500 servo, Max6 1650kv combo or a 4092 1480kv setup on all options.

Also has anyone been using rpm arms with v5 / exb towers ? I'm not a huge fan of the flex in the rpm Outcast/ Kraton arms, in the past I bent so many axles it became ridiculous but I do have a set just laying around I just wasn't sure the geometry would work correctly.

I'm going to end up doing whatever makes me happy but I'd still like to hear what setup others would be interested in. Keep on bashing and thank you guys 👍

20210727_121241.jpg
20210727_121305.jpg
20210727_121334.jpg
20210727_121350.jpg
20210727_121419.jpg
20210727_121446.jpg

I say built #102 as option #2, and keep #469 as the ultimate shelf queen. 😎
That's exactly what I'm going to do. Great minds think alike. Full Titanium build soon 🤘🍻

#102 is next up on the building block. It's a super clean truck with only a few runs on it but it's not going to be a collector truck like #469.

I'm planning on building it and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the direction you'd take with it...

(Build Option #1)

Outcast exb xl. With a Lightweight Kraton Speed Chassis build and v5 / exb suspension, Exb diffs, scorched titanium driveshafts, BasherQueen carbon towers, aluminum suspension blocks, Hardened hinge pins my normal big air setup. (I prefer the kraton chassis in the air over the fairly unstable swb).

(Build Option #2)

Full Titanium swb build, Scorched Titanium swb chassis, exb diffs and suspension, titanium exb towers, titanium center driveshafts, BasherQueen carbon brace, aluminum suspension blocks Hardened hinge pins.

(Build Option #3)

M2C Full Swb lightweight speed chassis build, braces, exb diffs , exb suspension, BasherQueen Towers, center brace, aluminum suspension blocks and Hardened hinge pins.

I will be running a Reefs Raw500 servo, Max6 1650kv combo or a 4092 1480kv setup on all options.

Also has anyone been using rpm arms with v5 / exb towers ? I'm not a huge fan of the flex in the rpm Outcast/ Kraton arms, in the past I bent so many axles it became ridiculous but I do have a set just laying around I just wasn't sure the geometry would work correctly.

I'm going to end up doing whatever makes me happy but I'd still like to hear what setup others would be interested in. Keep on bashing and thank you guys 👍

View attachment 160591View attachment 160592View attachment 160593View attachment 160594View attachment 160595View attachment 160596
As far as which build, I'm liking the stretched #1 as it leaves room for longer motors if you so choose to switch. About RPM arms and EXB towers. The geometry of the EXB and V5 is different from the old 6s standard. The shock mounting holes are in a different spot on the arms and I believe the shock lengths were changed between the old and new. Also, the shock retainer pins that hold the bottom of the shocks in the arms are longer on EXB and V5, so if switching to RPM, you'll need the old pins. Your 10th anniversary will have the older geometry, so I'd check that before switching to EXB towers. I run EXB arms in the summer and RPM when it gets colder. Stock EXB/V5 arms get stupid brittle in the cold, much more than the older style stock arms.

As far as which build, I'm liking the stretched #1 as it leaves room for longer motors if you so choose to switch. About RPM arms and EXB towers. The geometry of the EXB and V5 is different from the old 6s standard. The shock mounting holes are in a different spot on the arms and I believe the shock lengths were changed between the old and new. Also, the shock retainer pins that hold the bottom of the shocks in the arms are longer on EXB and V5, so if switching to RPM, you'll need the old pins. Your 10th anniversary will have the older geometry, so I'd check that before switching to EXB towers. I run EXB arms in the summer and RPM when it gets colder. Stock EXB/V5 arms get stupid brittle in the cold, much more than the older style stock arms.
Thanks 👍I wasn't clear on my question. I have like 18 arrma's new v5's/ exb's and v4 older suspension cars. But I see people on YouTube running exb towers with rpm arms. My question was for someone actually doing it and seeing if it worked well or maybe they don't even know any better. Not sure. Either I'll most likely be going v5/exb suspension. I prefer the narrow towers for strength

(Build Option #1)

(Build Option #2)

(Build Option #3)

View attachment 160591View attachment 160592View attachment 160593View attachment 160594View attachment 160595View attachment 160596

Damn those 10th anniversary Outcast are frickin sweet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back