Looking for unique ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I enjoy wrenching as much as driving, but unfortunately (??) all my rigs are fully operational at the moment.

The only logical thing to do is start a new project, right? I just don't know what. Looking for input from the experts here.

I like building more than RTR. Mostly interested in 1/10-1/8 scale casual driving, not racing or on-road.

Current fleet:
  • 3S typhon, senton, and granite
  • Maxx
  • 1/10 TLR buggy
  • 1/8 team associated truggy (6S capable)
  • 1/24 and 1/10 crawlers

Any unique ideas for the next project?

I recommend building something fully custom.
Learn Fusion 360 CAD
Get a 3Dprinter if you don't have one already and make your wildest dream

Given you don't like racing or on-road maybe a scale truck or tractor build utilizing some platform you can share parts with like the 3s Arrma line.

Last edited:
Agree 3d printer, and custom carbon fiber or any materials. Drive them harder so they break? 🤪🤣😏

I recommend building something fully custom.
Learn Fusion 360 CAD
Get a 3Dprinter if you don't have one already and make your wildest dream

Given you don't like racing or on-road maybe a scale truck or tractor build utilizing some platform you can share parts with like the 3s Arrma line.
I do have a 3D printer and am comfortable with F360. I've printed a few of the RC platforms on thingiverse but they've all been so fragile.

But you bring up a great point about using an existing platform as a base to customize. I'll give it some thought. Thanks!

Build a Tekno kit. MT410 or ET48 2.0

I second this, as a tinkerer I love the process of building up the cars. My last few have all been rollers and unless something unexpected falls in my lap I could see an ET48 2.0 (or eb48), TLR 8ight-XE or a TA RC8B4E as being something that I consider as a next project. Since we have a good collection of bashers I have started to look at different things, one being stuff designed to go fast on an rc track the other being U4 buggies.

Looking for input from the experts here.
Well I'll crash the party then. :mad: ;)

How about some type of clever self-righting contraption for your granite? (something different than the Traxxas approach)
I know there are 999 reasons against. But what about that 1 reason for?

Or, maybe you need to build a boat. 2 years ago we got a FLYSKY FS-i6X just to goof around with for air projects, and one of my kids scrounged around to make a pretty cool boat thing.

Back to the self-righting truck......, what about something where the wheels touch first when upside down? (I've seen some cheapy RCs that do that). You could crawl it back to your spot, to be flipped from there? (I'm not as lazy as I sound, maybe) I guess the shock towers would make this impossible, unless the tires were crazy tall. Just thinking out loud. I know none of this is what you had in mind.

U4 is a racing series. They have multiple classes depending upon suspension design and battery size. Mostly the are caged buggies that can rock crawl and speed round a course. Lots of rigs like the udr, ryft, Baja Rey etc compete in the different classes. Think rock crawler and and a Race truggy had a baby. Guys even convert the Et48 into caged cars. Look up Tekno DB48 and you will see a some cool early hybrids.

Back