Outcast M2C bell crank for 118mm motors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Who’s going to try it first?

https://m2cracing.net/shop/shop.php...FOR-118-MOTORS/p/577988742/category=136127903

1691763908061.png

After all of the issues I've been through this week trying to get my new Outcast operational, it might just be me

Edit: After watching the installation video, why are both the rack and the ball end threaded? It seems like a good way to have a loose connection just as the requirement for red loctite suggests.

Last edited:
I bought one of these with an essentials kit for 8s. don't know if it was v1 or v2. I did not like it so I bought one from hot racing. It was much smoother and has bearings on the posts unlike m2c.

I received mine today and installed. Not as straight forward as it could have been... they recommend trimming the ball arm down to clear the left bellcrank, but I ended up trimming both the shaft of the crank as well as the ball and tip of the bolt holding it on. I'll add pics and review of my first runs shortly.
Here are some. If anyone needs anything specific, let me know.

Attachments

• 20230816_201940.jpg
    20230816_201940.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 20230816_205239.jpg
    20230816_205239.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 20230816_205355.jpg
    20230816_205355.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 20230816_213933.jpg
    20230816_213933.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 20230816_222939.jpg
    20230816_222939.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 122
  • 20230816_224926.jpg
    20230816_224926.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 123
I’m looking on a phone, so admittedly I may be missing something, but it looks like there’s ample clearance now after removing material from the vehicle, Am I wrong? What the most difficult part of the surgery? Any worry of premature failure due to less material?

Looking forward to pics and vids of folks installing in their rigs, so I can learn from y’all then do it on mine 😎

I received mine today and installed. Not as straight forward as it could have been... they recommend trimming the ball arm down to clear the left bellcrank, but I ended up trimming both the shaft of the crank as well as the ball and tip of the bolt holding it on. I'll add pics and review of my first runs shortly.
Any updates on the install and how it’s holding up? I got mine yesterday and have it all installed and noticed the same thing of you did. Time to bust out the dremel because it won’t steer without removing material. Sucks to buzz down the bell crank though

Tbh I went threw this debate with myself a few days ago. Max 5 g2 800kv combo or max 5 g2 + tp motor combo. Once you factor in the price of the m2c bellcrank needed to fit the hw motor it's very similar in price to the max 5 g2/TP combo and thats what I decided to do. No messing around with bell crank and the motor is more powerful anyway.

Seems like a no brainer to me to be honest.

Last edited:
Any updates on the install and how it’s holding up? I got mine yesterday and have it all installed and noticed the same thing of you did. Time to bust out the dremel because it won’t steer without removing material. Sucks to buzz down the bell crank though
Its holding up just fine in my limited usage so far. There is still a decent amount of material there even after removing everything I did.

Its holding up just fine in my limited usage so far. There is still a decent amount of material there even after removing everything I did.
Did you end up using the included nut in your build? Without the motor it’s tough to tell how much to shave down and/or where to use the nut If I’m honest.

How’s your rig been holding up with the bellcrank mods you had to do?

How did you fit the side skirt without chopping some off? The front of my skirt hits the motor so I can’t line up the holes. Was going to snip snip tonight, but if there’s a way without chopping it up, I’m all ears.

How did you fit the side skirt without chopping some off? The front of my skirt hits the motor so I can’t line up the holes. Was going to snip snip tonight, but if there’s a way without chopping it up, I’m all ears.
i had to cut the front part of my skirt
and tbh i didnt use the nut because I had no idea where it needed to go

you could get a good mesh without trimming down the hinge pin block thing? I couldn’t
like the plastic part that top pins go into? i didnt need to cut that, but I had to cut the block the steering bar connects to the link

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back