Difference between 56 series 1100KV HW motors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotarypower101

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Anyone know about the generations/variations of the hobbywing stuff, and could advise something to explain differences clearly, Pros/Cons benefits/detractors per application?

All 1100KV HW motor variants

What is the difference between the 5690 VS 56118 (other than length) ?
I think the 5687 is the older non sensored version, and may be similar to the 5690?
Why would you select one over the other for a specific application?
Do the variations of 1100KV perform differently in power band, torque or some other factor?

Is there possibly a difference in how much rotational mass due to length, or torque that is advantageous if the extra length fits into the space required?
Is there anything that helps a user understand and quantify the difference?

Possible there is a YT channel that tests 1/5 scale electronics, and describes the specifications and differences in the brands line, and between brands to compare and contrast?

Bigger equals more power and runs cooler. I'd put a 5690 in an Xmaxx and I'd put the 56118 in an arrma 8s. Different target weights for the rigs would dictate to me where each motor would be more optimal.

Bigger equals more power and runs cooler. I'd put a 5690 in an Xmaxx and I'd put the 56118 in an arrma 8s. Different target weights for the rigs would dictate to me where each motor would be more optimal.
Anything out there that tries to inform the user How Much more?

Given the same voltage and near as can be called identical conditions, how much torque@RPM does the 5690 have compared to the 56118?

Anything out there that tries to inform the user How Much more?

Given the same voltage and near as can be called identical conditions, how much torque@RPM does the 5690 have compared to the 56118?
Hello,

5687 1100kv is the actual motor in the new Arrma Kraton 8S.
If you switch to the new 5690 G2 you will lose torque and gain RPM, you don't want more speed on big heavy truck like this.
56118 G2 1100kv vs the old one is just about Sensor motor, it is confortable but a bit useless.

Basicely in big truck you want big torque to move easely the truck, so your target should be less KV, if you change your stock motor for a 800kv for exemple you can gear it up the new motor to optain the same speed. Less kv is more torque and more power consoption so you will need bigger lipo to.

The new 1100kv inside the Kraton 8S is a good mid tier motor, good torque, good speed but as long as you don't put stupid pinion gear on it, if you do your temp will grow up very fast.

Back