Making a RC that can flip over and still drive…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a video of someone doing this with a typhon iirc.

This guy is a genius… Who has an idea of how to make one of these on a different platform other then the Landslide?

Could do this to a 6s Arrma pretty easily.
It will be easier too if you utilize JBI 24mm wheel hex adapters and install some 8s outcast wheels on your 6s rig.

Now if someone could make the suspension work correctly going both ways that would really be something.

Could do this to a 6s Arrma pretty easily.
It will be easier too if you utilize JBI 24mm wheel hex adapters and install some 8s outcast wheels on your 6s rig.

Now if someone could make the suspension work correctly going both ways that would really be something.

🤔
I bet if you have the shocks setup like
the original Nero - F1 style / pivoting rockers - that would get you a lot closer to having a competent suspension system to handle something like this better.

Could you just double it up? Run two shocks at each corner, with one pointing upward and one pointing downward.

Another idea might be to ditch the shocks and replace them with turnbuckles. Those big 8S tires are pretty squishy and would absorb some impact.

🤔
the original Nero - F1 style / pivoting rockers - that would get you a lot closer to having a competent suspension system to handle something like this better.
Could you just double it up? Run two shocks at each corner, with one pointing upward and one pointing downward.

Another idea might be to ditch the shocks and replace them with turnbuckles. Those big 8S tires are pretty squishy and would absorb some impact.

My thought was a thin carbon fiber plate across the chassis that attaches to the lower A-Arm. It would act as a leaf spring of sorts and function in either direction.
Not sure about shock absorption though.

🤔
The shocks would probably have to be mounted in the middle of the chassis instead of one side.

I’m content letting my Kraton 6s do a 360 degree backflip, land on the wheels, and keep going.:LOL:
That would be the object but let’s not act like we don’t get a little carried away sometimes trying a double and a triple and it doesn’t land on the wheels then we have to go flip it over. 😎

My son has this, it even catapults.

1711483250385.png

I never had an RC car as a kid. Closest thing I had was a Stomper (Rough Riders 4x4 competitor), remember those?

I think I'm overcompensating now.

Took the words right out of my mouth lol.... remember the TYCO Traxx? I had one of those, I thought it was the best thing on the planet back then
If they didn’t have the best toy rc cars they definitely had the best advertising! I still remember a bit of the commercials 🤣

I never had an RC car as a kid. Closest thing I had was a Stomper (Rough Riders 4x4 competitor), remember those?

I think I'm overcompensating now.
My brother and I used to play with stompers non-stop. He would cut them in half length wise and melt them back together so it would have 2 motors in each truck. Essentially replacing the side where the AA battery would go with another motor. We would then hook them up to a variable rate transformer for power with a long lead, those things would get after it!

Back