Thank you AF and RC community

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
I’m gonna be corny for a minute now, and for all those TLDR: the gist is THANK YOU 🙏.

2023 was an amazing year for me, and for one reason in particular, it was the year I joined the RC hobby. As a guy who’s been battling PTSD, major depressive disorder and addiction for nearly 15 years (3 years sober), finding a hobby like this one was absolutely life changing. I discovered a community of like minded individuals who are incredibly clever and within whom exist levels of ingenuity that aren’t so common amongst the “outsiders”. A community of individuals who are overwhelmingly helpful, generous, patient and more often that not… opinionated lol. The AF, is an excellent and accurate sample of what makes the RC community special. The absence of vitriol and condescension endemic to the Reddits of the internet, os what sets this forum appart from its counterparts. By allowing us newbs to feel comfortable asking schewpid questions and being confident they will be answered… every single time, AF directly contributes to the growth, retention and overarching theme of positivity in this hobby.

Anyway, I found a way to redirect my focus from being on my problems to being on my RCs endless list of bullshït problems. I also found a productive and healthy place to tie up my disposal income as well as a renewed desire to challenge myself, learn something complicated and new. AF has honestly played a big role in this for me.

So thank you to all the nerds from the AF who’ve so generously and willingly helped me along the way. I feel like I came for the O8S EXB I saw on YouTube, but kept with it because of the community. Now, I’m obsessed.

I hope all my fellow RCologists have a radical 2024.
IMG_3310.jpeg

Carpe Diem nerds!

I’m gonna be corny for a minute now, and for all those TLDR: the gist is THANK YOU 🙏.

2023 was an amazing year for me, and for one reason in particular, it was the year I joined the RC hobby. As a guy who’s been battling PTSD, major depressive disorder and addiction for nearly 15 years (3 years sober), finding a hobby like this one was absolutely life changing. I discovered a community of like minded individuals who are incredibly clever and within whom exist levels of ingenuity that aren’t so common amongst the “outsiders”. A community of individuals who are overwhelmingly helpful, generous, patient and more often that not… opinionated lol. The AF, is an excellent and accurate sample of what makes the RC community special. The absence of vitriol and condescension endemic to the Reddits of the internet, os what sets this forum appart from its counterparts. By allowing us newbs to feel comfortable asking schewpid questions and being confident they will be answered… every single time, AF directly contributes to the growth, retention and overarching theme of positivity in this hobby.

Anyway, I found a way to redirect my focus from being on my problems to being on my RCs endless list of bullshït problems. I also found a productive and healthy place to tie up my disposal income as well as a renewed desire to challenge myself, learn something complicated and new. AF has honestly played a big role in this for me.

So thank you to all the nerds from the AF who’ve so generously and willingly helped me along the way. I feel like I came for the O8S EXB I saw on YouTube, but kept with it because of the community. Now, I’m obsessed.

View attachment 340673
Carpe Diem nerds!

You're not alone..
We're a family around here. A dedicated community.

So if you ever feel the need for advice, blow off steam, or to brainstorm ideas we're here for ya.

This place truly is amazing. It's the folks that are here that make it as such. For all the reasons you listed.
A group of folks that seriously treat everyone with respect and are willing to go the extra mile for each other is a rare thing these days. Treating everyone like family.

Your not alone in your battles either. I'm right over 2 years sober myself. Congratulations on your 3 years brother!

View attachment 340673
Carpe Diem nerds!
I have found nothing but great people here. I’m just getting back into the hobby myself after a few decades. Things have drastically changed with everything and everyone here is phenomenally helpful as well as incredibly friendly. One day at a time my friend. Stay strong. You’re worth it.
You're not alone..
We're a family around here. A dedicated community.

So if you ever feel the need for advice, blow off steam, or to brainstorm ideas we're here for ya.
Tex, I’ve noticed you are always one of the first to respond with sage advice, kind words, of just a good laugh. Good on you brother. Thanks for spreading the good vibes.

RC is such an amazing hobby to be in. After work going and ripping a few packs and enjoying the outdoors is so relaxing and therapeutic. We are all happy you have joined the crew!! There's always something interesting going on here and always things to learn. Congrats on your 3 years dude 💪🏼👍🏼🤘🏻

Congrats on 3 years and wishing you many more.

This community is great! The hobby is an excellent outlet as well.

Careful before you know it you will need more shelf space 😆

👍

remote control car GIF by HPI Racing

Well your an odd duck, you found us and didn't run away screaming? :unsure: Hmmmmm, we must be losing our touch, danged all these helpful guys who have infiltrated the forum. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, glad you found us, and it was helpful in giving you the needed distraction, sounds like things are looking up. (y)

Well said and welcome aboard @MrWednesday. AF really is an anomaly among forums (which I typically avoid like the plague that most/all others are)...an island of reality in a sea of diarrhea, as it were.

Congrats on 3 years of sobriety duder. I'll be celebrating my 11th year in April and so I feel where you're coming from. Here's to many more 🍻. o7

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back