Market for Hoons right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
I have half a dozen large and small sets of new Hoons, still in the package. I bought these thinking I would get more into rode RC, but I didn’t. So rather than letting them sit unused, I’m thinking of selling them. Is there a market for them right now? What are they worth? Thanks y’all.

Tires are a wear item. Especially in the case of "hooning", then they are DEFINITELY a wear item. So people will always need replacements. As long as they fit the function, the only question is whether they are worth the cost. That's the reason the "choons" are still selling. Low quality wheels, but the cost is almost justified.

I know people would buy them at the right price. I'm hesitant to spit a number out and "spoil" the pot, so i'll keep my peace. Just don't be like Jennys and charge MORE than brand new tires for a set of take offs.

I have half a dozen large and small sets of new Hoons, still in the package. I bought these thinking I would get more into rode RC, but I didn’t. So rather than letting them sit unused, I’m thinking of selling them. Is there a market for them right now? What are they worth? Thanks y’all.
I'll take some, what u got

Ok cool. I’ll pull my stock out of storage tomorrow and get some pictures here. Thanks guys!

Tires are a wear item. Especially in the case of "hooning", then they are DEFINITELY a wear item. So people will always need replacements. As long as they fit the function, the only question is whether they are worth the cost. That's the reason the "choons" are still selling. Low quality wheels, but the cost is almost justified.

I know people would buy them at the right price. I'm hesitant to spit a number out and "spoil" the pot, so i'll keep my peace. Just don't be like Jennys and charge MORE than brand new tires for a set of take offs.
No lie, JennysRC has pulled boners like that with tires before. Weird.:unsure: I noticed that with Felony Rear Hoons and The Early V1 Mojo wheels, when they were on B/O for some time. Supply and demand pricing, obviously. And JRC let the prices stay high for quite a while. New Take-Offs come without any warranty. Why pay full price or higher? I have gotten really bad retail tires out the package before, that I had to Warranty with HH. And JRC does charge high for shipping tires.

Last edited:
Finally found my tire stash. Under the bed of all places. I haven’t researched prices yet but I’ll be getting rid of:
2 pairs 42/100 solid disk speeds tires
2 pairs 35/85 white
2 pairs 35/85 silver

I have two additional pairs of 35/85 white and silver I’m not sure about yet…

IMG_0139.jpeg

IMG_0140.jpeg

IMG_0138.jpeg

IMG_0140.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back