Help getting lettering off Hoons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Acetone and some elbow grease
I have both on hand. Thanks for the tip. Funny, when I searched it I only found a thousand threads about painting the white on.

I have both on hand. Thanks for the tip. Funny, when I searched it I only found a thousand threads about painting the white on.
What about painting black on? Oil based paint pens work on rubber. Just throwing that out there.

Racisism

Paint over the white
No
Paint over the black
No no
Turn the white inside out !!

No sand the white till it’s black

My lord !
You sick bastards !!!!
lol 😂

Sorry
I’m not able to sleep …which sux cause 4:30am is not far away !!!
Ain’t no tellin what I’ll post on here …

Chit wait till morning!!!!
lol 😂
FML

I

Acetone and some elbow grease ✌️
What I use, but don't soak it crazy at all. Not where the tire beads will come apart and unglue. Use a cloth. Brake cleaner solvent works also.

Ix-nay on the aintpay enpay (unless you just happen to have a tire rubber colored pen). You'll always see the paint spot and just hate yourself.

I just tried the other suggested methods...I gave up on acetone and elbow grease after 3-4 minutes with little to nothing to show for it (I may have missed a service interval on my elbow and, as a result, am traversing the world with an under greased elbow, I don't think I did though). I switched to some 180 grit emery cloth and had one side removed in under a minute. We have a clear winner, winner, chicken dinner.
1706174286242.png

Some elbow grease uses buffers and sandpaper, others may naturally be enough 👍🏼

j/k it’s probably the acetone 😜

IMG_1319.jpeg

Last edited:
Ix-nay on the aintpay enpay (unless you just happen to have a tire rubber colored pen). You'll always see the paint spot and just hate yourself.

I just tried the other suggested methods...I gave up on acetone and elbow grease after 3-4 minutes with little to nothing to show for it (I may have missed a service interval on my elbow and, as a result, am traversing the world with an under greased elbow, I don't think I did though). I switched to some 180 grit emery cloth and had one side removed in under a minute. We have a clear winner, winner, chicken dinner.
View attachment 344575
Love it. And you laid up a Hoon?!?! o_O
How bout just get a set of toyo proxes, look no white letter ( walaa) all done🤪🤪👍

View attachment 344589
I wanted those for awhile. If they offered these in 53/100 I’d be on these things like white on rice. Plus, they’re 💴!!
Tooth paste works well also😁👍
Too many welding fumes in an enclosed area again? 🤔

Love it. And you laid up a Hoon?!?! o_O

I wanted those for awhile. If they offered these in 53/100 I’d be on these things like white on rice. Plus, they’re 💴!!

Too many welding fumes in an enclosed area again? 🤔
Don't knock it until you tryed it🙄😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back