53/100 Hoons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenyanr1

Reaction score
Anybody running these on their felony? How do they compare to the 53/107? They’re both on sale and I’m thinking about grabbing a few sets of the 53/100 for my felony.

Thanks

Before you consider running them (and they probably are better), Need to FIRST run a Front Felony Diff in the rear. The OE Felony rear diff has a different drive ratio than the Front one, because of the Taller 107 mm OE tires. No way around this. If you don't understand this, read up more on the subject.
Simply throwing on 100mm rear tires is Incorrect, regardless of the Width. Need to always match the Front and Rear drive ratios of any 4WD platform. Tire Height/Rollout always affects the Final drive ratio on that axle.
>>>You never want to underdrive/overdrive one Axle over the other. Will drive like total crap.(n)
Many Felony guys do this full mod , because the 53/107's suck on the Felony.
That's why Upgrade brands created the 53/100's, matching the Tire rollout of the fronts well. While remaining wide enough to fill in the rear wider width Felony body Fenders.

>>>You may know all this already. IDK.

Last edited:
Before you consider running them (and they probably are better), Need to FIRST run a Front Felony Diff in the rear. The OE Felony rear diff has a different drive ratio than the Front one, because of the Taller 107 mm OE tires. No way around this. If you don't understand this, read up more on the subject.
Simply throwing on 100mm rear tires is Incorrect, regardless of the Width. Need to always match the Front and Rear drive ratios of any 4WD platform. Tire Height/Rollout always affects the Final drive ratio on that axle.
>>>You never want to underdrive/overdrive one Axle over the other. Will drive like total crap.(n)
Many Felony guys do this full mod , because the 53/107's suck on the Felony.
That's why Upgrade brands created the 53/100's, matching the Tire rollout of the fronts well. While remaining wide enough to fill in the rear wider width Felony body Fenders.

>>>You may know all this already. IDK.
Wow, thanks for the info man. I’ll just stick with the 107’s since they’re on sale. Thanks for the reply

TBH, the move to rear 53/100's will make it drive so much better. (y)(y)
Just need to swap in the Front Felony diff at the rear first. Easy enough. Not tragic at all. Well Worth it IMHO.
Most Felony Guys will do this. It's quite a common thing. Will make it drive more like an Infraction. Way better.
I don't have a Felony.
Just an Infr and Lim. But have gotten a full set of 4 53/107's for my TLRT Typhon and other rigs to try them, I thought they truly sucked as tires go. They just look nice if anything. Just don't hook up well. Poor traction. And quite horrible for Speed Passes IMHO.
I'm not sure how you drive your Felony, so take all this with a grain of salt.
I always felt 42/100 on all 4's runs best with this 1/7 platform. For Speed running and all. ;)

Last edited:
If you're considering different gearing options like 53/100 versus 53/107 for your Felony, it really depends on what you're looking to achieve in terms of performance. The 53/100 gearing will offer a slightly higher top speed with potentially less acceleration than the 53/107 setup. It's a trade-off between top speed and acceleration. If you prioritize speed runs, the 53/100 might be more suitable. However, for overall drivability and if you're doing more mixed driving, the 53/107 could offer a better balance. It's great to hear both options are on sale; consider your driving style and what performance aspect you want to enhance on your Felony.

How did I miss this sell! I waited over a freaking year!! 😡

Back