Max 5 esc and castle 1100 kv will it work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then just send it back if you don't trust it. :rolleyes:

Just get a HW then. Or something else.
Did you get the CC USB link for it to setup the ESC? that will help also. And need to access data logs
But on paper, I don't see why it wouldn't work with 1100kv and proper gearing. Supposedly a F/W upgrade solved many prior issues with their initial production run. And the internal shunt shorting issue was adressed. CC has a decent warranty. FWIW.
Many like this ESC. (y)
I am a HW guy myself.
Call CC and tell them that you don't trust this XLX2. See what they say.;)
Need more info regarding your lack of trust....??

Last edited:

Did you get the CC USB link for it to setup the ESC? that will help also. And need to access data logs
But on paper, I don't see why it wouldn't work with 1100kv and proper gearing. Supposedly a F/W upgrade solved many prior issues with their initial production run. And the internalshunt issue was adressed. CC has a decent warranty. FWIW.
Many like this ESC. (y)
I am a HW guy myself.
Yeah I have the link Bluetooth I installed the Xlx2 ran down the street and it stopped work walked up to it and the lights were blinking on the esc just no power turn it off and on and nothing sent it back for warranty cc said everything was working so now idk. I purchased the max5 with the 1100 kv motor haven’t skipped a beat

But on paper, I don't see why it wouldn't work with 1100kv and proper gearing. Supposedly a F/W upgrade solved many prior issues with their initial production run. And the internal shunt shorting issue was adressed. CC has a decent warranty. FWIW.
Many like this ESC. (y)
I am a HW guy myself.
Call CC and tell them that you don't trust this XLX2. See what they say.;)
Need more info regarding your lack of trust....??
I’m gonna contact cc and see if I can return it it’s been 6 months since I bought it.

Now I got ya.(y)(y)
Only way to tell if it works is to try it. Right? CC said it checked out on their bench and all.
HW Max5 is a beast. For sure.(y) Much simpler and non sensored.
Just that the CC XLX2 is supposedly the better ESC, ahead of the rest. For many reasons.
It's your call only.:cool:
I would want to know that the XLX2 is in fact in working order right away. If not send it back again quick. These are quite expensive. Don't let it sit in your bin on the side. To find out it is NG much later on. Warranty expired and all. That would be a total loss in my book.
Just my advice.:cool:

Last edited:
Now I got ya.(y)(y)
Only way to tell if it works is to try it. Right? CC said it checked out on their bench and all.
HW Max5 is a beast. For sure.(y) Much simpler and non sensored.
Just that the CC XLX2 is supposedly the better ESC, ahead of the rest. For many reasons.
It's your call only.:cool:
I would want to know that the XLX2 is in fact in working order right away. If not send it back again quick. These are quite expensive. Don't let it sit in your bin on the side. To find out it is NG much later on. Warranty expired and all. That would be a total loss in my book.
Just my advice.:cool:
Yeah ur right it was almost $500

No joke. Serious coin there. Make sure it is a runner now, so CC can make good on it, if it is not.
I have heard of several instances whereby CC would send back a supposedly good ESC after a test on their bench, returned it as good, and they did not work. (n) Just playing devils advocate here. I hate for you to lose out on the $$$. Test it out now. Not later.;)
Happens in this hobby.:rolleyes:

No joke. Serious coin there. Make sure it is a runner now, so CC can make good on it, if it is not.
I have heard of several instances whereby CC would send back a supposedly good ESC after a test on their bench, returned it as good, and they did not work. (n) Just playing devils advocate here. I hate for you to lose out on the $$$. Test it out now. Not later.;)
Happens in this hobby.:rolleyes:
Yup that’s tru I just emailed them asking if I could return it for a full refund we’ll see.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back