Kraton Kraton 12s Max 5 G2 and No delay X_X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I’d be so nervous launching it with all those people standing on the dirt. One small mistake and I’m breaking someone’s shin.

Is the upgrade from 8S to 12S worth it?
Haha I was nervous af and definitely not comfortable. All those kids honestly ruined our video so we just turned it into a drone/gopro video without talking 🤣. I was in the middle of recording and we got swarmed. They even swarmed the drone like it wouldn't hurt them 😱

12s not really worth it imo. I don't notice much of a difference from my xlx2 kraton. 250 amps just not enough.

Haha I was nervous af and definitely not comfortable. All those kids honestly ruined our video so we just turned it into a drone/gopro video without talking 🤣. I was in the middle of recording and we got swarmed. They even swarmed the drone like it wouldn't hurt them 😱

12s not really worth it imo. I don't notice much of a difference from my xlx2 kraton. 250 amps just not enough.
It's was worth it for me. Staying with max5 g2, went from 8 to 12s. Me likey

Tested 12s today. Max5g2, Castle 800kv, 37/39, punch 7..
It was very cold outside (-15c.), so just tested quickly on a football pitch. Now we are looking forward to warmer weather.. No cogging or delay today (short test tho)

Im surprised you got to punch 7! Your rig looks like it's running great. 😎 👍

Im surprised you got to punch 7! Your rig looks like it's running great. 😎 👍

Also runs punch 7 with Max5g2 5690sd 1250kv, 34/39 gearing. (sensor). NO ISSUES!! (Same Kraton/esc)

In Xrt with another Max5g2 and 5687 1100kv (non sensor) I had lots of problems with delay.. Sold it!!

Very glad I gave the Max5g2 another try, now it's perfect

Also runs punch 7 with Max5g2 5690sd 1250kv, 34/39 gearing. (sensor). NO ISSUES!! (Same Kraton/esc)

In Xrt with another Max5g2 and 5687 1100kv (non sensor) I had lots of problems with delay.. Sold it!!

Very glad I gave the Max5g2 another try, now it's perfect
Really makes you wonder why some have it and some don't. It's literally a coin flip if you buy it :eek:

Really makes you wonder why some have it and some don't. It's literally a coin flip if you buy it :eek:
There is definitely an issue with it. It seems to run fine sensored in any set up. And it runs fine 12s non sensored but 8s non sensored is where cogging happens.

Last edited:
There is definitely an issue with it. It seems to run fine sensored in any set up. And it runs fine 12s non sensored but 8s non sensored is where cogging happens.

I should try 8s on my 12s kraton and see if it happens! :unsure:

It seems like most people start with the 39spur gear and move up and down with pinion accordingly. Did anyone start with the stock 47t pinion or is that a lost cause?

Im upgrading in the coming weeks to 800kv max 5 g2 combo and wanted to try the stock 47t. Is clearance the issue? Trying to figure this out before I order gears from saga

I should try 8s on my 12s kraton and see if it happens!

It seems like most people start with the 39spur gear and move up and down with pinion accordingly. Did anyone start with the stock 47t pinion or is that a lost cause?

Im upgrading in the coming weeks to 800kv max 5 g2 combo and wanted to try the stock 47t. Is clearance the issue? Trying to figure this out before I order gears from saga
With 800kv it's better to stay on 1:1 ration. 39/39 seems to be a sweet spot.

On 12s yeah it's a big up there, I thought you meant running on 8s. On 12s 36/39 should be fine. That's what I run and I top out at 72mph
haha i'm actually geared 36/39 with 800kv on my 12s kraton and its definitely a good place to start. Almost feel like I could have did 39/39 tbh as 36/39 800kv on 12s doesn't feel any better than xlx2 8s kraton 31/39 1100kv

haha i'm actually geared 36/39 with 800kv on my 12s kraton and its definitely a good place to start. Almost feel like I could have did 39/39 tbh as 36/39 800kv on 12s doesn't feel any better than xlx2 8s kraton 31/39 1100kv
I've never had a xlx2 but you're pushing me to install that 745kv TP motor and go 39/39 lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back