Kraton Kraton 12s Max 5 G2 and No delay X_X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max 5 G2 + TP 5860 800kv geared 36/39 Punch on 6, no delay.
This "G2" must be new? I remember when the Max4 came out and 12s was a BIG deal. Now the Max5 can do 12s?
Now all HW needs to do is up there amps and I will head right over there and buy some. Has anyone hacked the bord and removed the Amp limiter?

This "G2" must be new? I remember when the Max4 came out and 12s was a BIG deal. Now the Max5 can do 12s?
Now all HW needs to do is up there amps and I will head right over there and buy some. Has anyone hacked the bord and removed the Amp limiter?
it's been out for some months now! the max 4 definitely has more umph on 12s though. Personally I was underwhelmed by max 5 12s with the 250 amp limit. It's like a side grade to an xlx2 but still much better than the old max 5.

But heavier batteries as well, in a truck that is already a little overweight.
Perhaps. I'm going on a theory here, with no actual technical knowledge to back it up, but, if the efficiency is indeed higher as voltage increases the way I see it. Then with a 12s setup, I wouldn't need 8-10ah batteries to get what "I" consider decent run time. So if I can get around the same run time and acceptable power from 2x6s 5.0ah as I could from 2x4 9.0ah, the weight difference is negligible I think.
Now, this is just my theory, based of of what I know. Such as running my swimming pool pump off of 220 vs 110 which cuts my amperage draw in half, through increased efficiency at higher voltage. It would require a motor designed to run 12s, and gearing to match my 8s setup speed to work.
What do you think? I'm definitely open to input.
Am I off base? Like I said, not an engineer, just a dumb warehouse worker..but I did save 10% in 10 minutes once..😉🤣🤣🍻

Perhaps. I'm going on a theory here, with no actual technical knowledge to back it up, but, if the efficiency is indeed higher as voltage increases the way I see it. Then with a 12s setup, I wouldn't need 8-10ah batteries to get what "I" consider decent run time. So if I can get around the same run time and acceptable power from 2x6s 5.0ah as I could from 2x4 9.0ah, the weight difference is negligible I think.
Now, this is just my theory, based of of what I know. Such as running my swimming pool pump off of 220 vs 110 which cuts my amperage draw in half, through increased efficiency at higher voltage. It would require a motor designed to run 12s, and gearing to match my 8s setup speed to work.
What do you think? I'm definitely open to input.
Am I off base? Like I said, not an engineer, just a dumb warehouse worker..but I did save 10% in 10 minutes once..😉🤣🤣🍻
Everything you said is correct. However, that plan would provide you similar runtime on a similar weight battery. If your goal is truly to increase runtime, then you’ll need heavier batteries.

Everything you said is correct. However, that plan would provide you similar runtime on a similar weight battery. If your goal is truly to increase runtime, then you’ll need heavier batteries.
But, 2x6s 5.0 batteries cost like $50 a piece. I suspect a 50c would suffice? With 8s, we need a much higher spec battery, which costs considerably more. I mean, I just initiated a return for 2x4s 7.2ah 120c batteries to Zeee because they couldn't keep up with a Firma 160/1100kv combo.. granted, they were $50 a piece, but they don't deliver despite Zeee's sloagan "The power to be enjoyed"..
At 44.4v (12s), the current draw would be much less than 29.6v (8s) therefore increasing run time.
BTW, this is one way Tesla gets so much mileage from their batteries, higher voltage, amongst other tech.
Also, the same way an 80v cordless weed eater can do several acres per charge whereas a 20v will take several packs to do the same acreage. No?
But heavier batteries as well, in a truck that is already a little overweight.
Debatable I feel. Heavy for sure, also underbuilt in alot of ways. Not knocking it, but hinge pins, arms, diffs, steerering parts and pivot balls should have been a tad beefier I feel. My brother's O8S exb already has bent upper pivot ball studs on both sides. Yes, he hit stuff, it happens I can agree. Interestingly, it has yet to happen with any of our half dozen 6s Arrma's. Many parts are too small on the 8s rigs considering their heft.
Edit: Sorry, that last bit is a different topic I suppose.
However, my point of increased voltage would net us higher efficiency (potentially), which would mean we are drawing less power from the battery. I'm theorizing this will net longer runtime from a battery that consists of the same energy.
I know, prove it. I wish I were in a better financial status to do so. On another matter, just how tight a fit is a 113mm can in a K8s? Look's like it'll be very close to the steering rack. Which of course is another point, heavier electronics to run 12s..

Last edited:
But, 2x6s 5.0 batteries cost like $50 a piece. I suspect a 50c would suffice? With 8s, we need a much higher spec battery, which costs considerably more. I mean, I just initiated a return for 2x4s 7.2ah 120c batteries to Zeee because they couldn't keep up with a Firma 160/1100kv combo.. granted, they were $50 a piece, but they don't deliver despite Zeee's sloagan "The power to be enjoyed"..
At 44.4v (12s), the current draw would be much less than 29.6v (8s) therefore increasing run time.
BTW, this is one way Tesla gets so much mileage from their batteries, higher voltage, amongst other tech.
Also, the same way an 80v cordless weed eater can do several acres per charge whereas a 20v will take several packs to do the same acreage. No?

Debatable I feel. Heavy for sure, also underbuilt in alot of ways. Not knocking it, but hinge pins, arms, diffs, steerering parts and pivot balls should have been a tad beefier I feel. My brother's O8S exb already has bent upper pivot ball studs on both sides. Yes, he hit stuff, it happens I can agree. Interestingly, it has yet to happen with any of our half dozen 6s Arrma's. Many parts are too small on the 8s rigs considering their heft.
Edit: Sorry, that last bit is a different topic I suppose.
However, my point of increased voltage would net us higher efficiency (potentially), which would mean we are drawing less power from the battery. I'm theorizing this will net longer runtime from a battery that consists of the same energy.
I know, prove it. I wish I were in a better financial status to do so. On another matter, just how tight a fit is a 113mm can in a K8s? Look's like it'll be very close to the steering rack. Which of course is another point, heavier electronics to run 12s..
Yes, lower capacity 6S batteries will run as long as higher capacity 4S batteries (assuming each scenario is geared for the same speed). There are obviously other factors but the logic rings true.

However, increasing voltage and decreasing capacity won’t give you the extra runtime. You have to maintain capacity and increase voltage for more runtime. And two extra cells per battery come with more weight.

113mm can fits totally fine in the 8S trucks. The trouble you’ve likely read about is people trying to fit the new HW 118mm cans. Not worth it IMO. If I was to build a 12S truck right now, I’d buy a Max5 G2 and a non-HW 12S-capable motor. There are plenty of options out there.

Yes, lower capacity 6S batteries will run as long as higher capacity 4S batteries (assuming each scenario is geared for the same speed). There are obviously other factors but the logic rings true.

However, increasing voltage and decreasing capacity won’t give you the extra runtime. You have to maintain capacity and increase voltage for more runtime. And two extra cells per battery come with more weight.

113mm can fits totally fine in the 8S trucks. The trouble you’ve likely read about is people trying to fit the new HW 118mm cans. Not worth it IMO. If I was to build a 12S truck right now, I’d buy a Max5 G2 and a non-HW 12S-capable motor. There are plenty of options out there.
Thanks👍 I guess my goal isn't as much about getting longer run time as much as it is about not buying high dollar batteries to get good power and run times.

Thanks👍 I guess my goal isn't as much about getting longer run time as much as it is about not buying high dollar batteries to get good power and run times.
CNHL frequently puts their 9500mah 90C batteries on sale. They’re a great value at retail price, and an unbeatable value at sale price.

CNHL frequently puts their 9500mah 90C batteries on sale. They’re a great value at retail price, and an unbeatable value at sale price.
Speaking the truth. I got four packs at $38 each on black Friday.
IMG_20231206_154404.jpg

On AliExpress

Speaking the truth. I got four packs at $38 each on black Friday.
View attachment 335693
On AliExpress
Damn how cnhl do a better sale on aliexpress than their own website? feelsbad! totally bummed I missed out on that sale

Great video. You two are getting pretty good at making videos !!

Did you break anything on that nose dive ?
Thanks bro it means a lot!! we don't get that many views/likes so every comment is motivation :love:

Nothing broke on the nose dive but I did crack the plastic toe link thingie in the rear after those tumbles. Easy 5 dollar part or something.

Just swapped in the TP motor instead of the sensored castle 2028. So yeah it's cogging. Once it's rolling it's not cogging anymore but from the stand still it coggs. Same thing happens on the xmaxx.

Moirae are you having any issues from flooring it stand still?

Just swapped in the TP motor instead of the sensored castle 2028. So yeah it's cogging. Once it's rolling it's not cogging anymore but from the stand still it coggs. Same thing happens on the xmaxx.
Of course it cogs. It isn’t sensored.

Have a stampede 4x4 vxl tsm with sensored esc and non sensored motor also having start cogging on it.
Will not gamble with ESC and Motor setup in the future tired of this kind of problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back