Talion Max 6 vs spektrum firma 160a esc for talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m planning on getting a dx5c transmitter soon and was wondering if it is worth it to get the spektrum 160a esc over the mac 6 esc. Performance wise is their a difference between the two?
I have the spektrum 160a 1250kv combo in my Notorious and hobbywing max6 1650kv in my Talion. The firma is the model with extra cap pack. I have 1 of my dx5c tx on the Notorious for the telemetry with smart lipos. I honestly like how that whole system works. Easy to monitor battery level and esc temps while bashing. It's great to have in summer temps. I'll put my other dx5c on my outcast 4s and go spektrum electronics as well. I think it's worth it. I won't swap my max6 1650kv and futaba 3pv setup from the Talion, but I recommend the spektrum setup for anyone wanting to monitor what's happening with their rig. Also... my max6 power button smoked today... taking one off a dead Firma 160a to replace it. Either can give you issues 🤷🏿‍♂️ but both are solid.

I like the spektrum stuff for the same reason but castle xlx2 1100kv has a nice bluetooth link to ur phone that shows everything but ur right dey all have pros and cons

Stupid question - anyone ever run a xmaxx stock motor with a firma 160?

Stupid question - anyone ever run a xmaxx stock motor with a firma 160?
Pretty sure I've seen people running the Max6 in the Xmaxx with the Xmaxx motor so I think it is safe to say that the Firma 160a should be able to handle it.

I’m planning on getting a dx5c transmitter soon and was wondering if it is worth it to get the spektrum 160a esc over the mac 6 esc. Performance wise is their a difference between the two?
Hi, how did you get on with your decision I’m at this crossroads now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back