Kraton Kraton 8s system (firma 160a) + 1250kv motor in a 6s 1/8th?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

Reaction score
Hey all!
I was wondering if anybody had experience using the stock k8s/o8s system in a 6s car like a Kraton or Kagama. I have one of these systems on hand and was thinking about getting a Kagama roller and trying to fit it in. Any thoughts?

PS I would have posted this on Corally forum instead/as well but I’ve been flagged as bot without even posting 😂

It’s done everyday and twice on Sundays for Arrma 6S platforms.

Just need to gear up that motor about 1000kV worth of teeth. Whether or not the larger ESC has room to fit in a TC I don't know, they leave little space for cell packs. The motor diameter could also have limitations with the factory mount you need to measure clearance.

1708455423003.png

Last edited:
The TC battery trays don't even allow 2x3s 5200mah batteries. IDK how you'd get 8s in there.

I have a spare Firma 160/1250kv combo laying around too. I'd love to drop it in a 6s rig, but without the rpm from 8s, no point for me. Can't get enough gear in it unless I go with a center spool maybe.

Last edited:
The TC battery trays don't even allow 2x3s 5200mah batteries. IDK how you'd get 8s in there.

I have a spare Firma 160/1250kv combo laying around too. I'd love to drop it in a 6s rig, but without the rpm from 8s, no point for me. Can't get enough gear in it unless I go with a center spool maybe.
I plan to run a single 6s pack! :)

I plan to run a single 6s pack! :)
Okay, that can work. You'll need to figure a way to get proper gear ratio to make sense (speed) of it I think. The problem I see is you won't be able to get a large enough pinion due to motor mount adjustment limits. Need to drop the driven (spur) gear by alot. I suspect a spool for an Arrma 6s can be fitted to the TC center diff mounts. They are fairly universal in my experience. I have used a TC center diff in an Xray buggy in a pinch. I see no reason Arrma won't fit a TC rig. Bearings are the same size, drive cups are very close too if not the same diameter..

Okay, that can work. You'll need to figure a way to get proper gear ratio to make sense (speed) of it I think. The problem I see is you won't be able to get a large enough pinion due to motor mount adjustment limits. Need to drop the driven (spur) gear by alot. I suspect a spool for an Arrma 6s can be fitted to the TC center diff mounts. They are fairly universal in my experience. I have used a TC center diff in an Xray buggy in a pinch. I see no reason Arrma won't fit a TC rig. Bearings are the same size, drive cups are very close too if not the same diameter..
I see! I may just get a smaller motor as I'm not looking for crazy power, more trying to save money using the 160a esc I already have. Would you suggest sticking with stock 2050kv or moving down to something like 1650kv

Theoretically, if you're looking for more power than stock, you'll need a bigger motor. While some motors may produce more power than others of the same size, it's not likely a significant difference. IMO, the Castle 1717 or HW 4985/4990 are a pretty big step up in power. Many use them successfully of course, but just knowing that a 4985 is what was (and still is for TRX) the standard motor size of an 8s 1/6 scale rc means it's likely too much power. Drivetrain and tire wear increase exponentially.. handling suffers as well from such a heavy motor. For me, not worth it, but it is to many others. I think a 4282 in about 1650kv would be my choice. I do have a 4292 Surpass rocket 1650 that I have moved from one rig to another trying to find a good use for, but I always end up back to either 4274 or 4282 size. Just fits my use better. My tires and drive parts last much longer too.😉👌

Back