Hobbywing QUICRUN WP 8BL150 G2 / 4274 G2 combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saladshooter

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 6s
Received the Hobbywing QUICRUN WP 8BL150 G2 / 4274 G2 2000kv motor combo in the mail the other day. Cost me about $140 from Amazon because I was impatient. It probably can be purchased for $115 shipped once Hobbywing gets a batch back into the US as its sold out almost everywhere right now.

I installed it in my Tekno MT410 and it is fantastic. Despite being unsensored, it displays almost no cogging and can crawl as well as rip. It rated for 3-6s batteries though on 6s it's way too much for my Tekno so it does power wheelies long before I reach the end of the trigger. I will probably end up running it on 4s most of the time.

My one complaint is the ESC can only be programed using a Hobbywing programming box, so be sure to buy one when purchasing. From the factory the LVC is set for 3.0 volts, the BEC is preset for 6v even though it is 7.4v capable, and the punch is set in the middle along with the timing so there is plenty of reason to make changes.

I highly recommend this package to someone who needs to replace the stock 6s system on their Arrma or is upgrading from 4s. It's a great value from a quality company and about half the price of a Max8 combo for someone who doesn't need a sensor wire.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 9.57.49 AM.png

Last edited:
I have heard good things about both the 8BL150 and the 10BL120 ESC/Motor Combos.

High efficiency and lower temps.

Nice Job HobbyWing and thanks for helping keep budget bashers up and running!

Last edited:
Yup, good stuff!! Great actually, IMO. All that is needed I believe for programming is the $10 card. Amain, Amazon..ten bucks! Mint!! 👌 :cool:

BTW, I tried 6s in my MT410 once too.. just once, LOL. Too much IMO. Can't control it when the steer tires are constantly off the ground!;)😜:ROFLMAO:

isn't this literally the equivalent to stock spektrum? it's like a side grade right?
Much higher amp/thermal cut like the older max 8v3/torox 185 ESC using updated, more efficient electrical components. I don't have a v2 Firma 150 to comment on that one, but i've seen Kraton EXB/Big Rock speed pinions amp cut those so Spektrum must have added nannies. Ran my off-road speed mojave using one, 6S geared 22/40 with a 1520/4092 no problem. Actually burnt up motors before having ESC issues, thermal cut at 257F (y) .
1711035583951.png

The only weakness is the fan IMO, should be at least improved to aluminum case.

Last edited:
isn't this literally the equivalent to stock spektrum? it's like a side grade right?
Probably.. I'd say that sounds about right. At half price though, which is what I look at. No way, no how I'd ever buy Spektrum anything at retail. LOL. The esc's, servos and motors are okay. Radio? No thanks. They make decent radios, but none under say $200, at which point, why bother? The receivers are ridiculously overpriced, even worses than TRX receivers. However, at least Spektrum electronics can handle more than 6.0v BEC, which is more than TRX electronics. LOL

Its definitely an upgrade... I wouldn't tear out your Firma 6s to put one in but it cogs much less and runs cooler with a noticeable improvement in power.

Much higher amp/thermal cut like the older max 8v3/torox 185 ESC using updated, more efficient electrical components. I don't have a v2 Firma 150 to comment on that one, but i've seen Kraton EXB/Big Rock speed pinions amp cut those so Spektrum must have added nannies.

The only weakness is the fan IMO, should be at least improved to aluminum case.

Probably.. I'd say that sounds about right. At half price though, which is what I look at. No way, no how I'd ever buy Spektrum anything at retail. LOL. The esc's, servos and motors are okay. Radio? No thanks. They make decent radios, but none under say $200, at which point, why bother? The receivers are ridiculously overpriced, even worses than TRX receivers. However, at least Spektrum electronics can handle more than 6.0v BEC, which is more than TRX electronics. LOL

Its definitely an upgrade... I wouldn't tear out your Firma 6s to put one in but it cogs much less and runs cooler with a noticeable improvement in power.
Thats good to know! especially since it sounds like it costs about as much as people be charging for new spektrum take offs.

Thats good to know! especially since it sounds like it costs about as much as people be charging for new spektrum take offs.
Yeah, ur too spoiled now from the TP, Castle and Max stuff to be bothered I bet. You'll only be disappointed most likely, LOL. The G2 Quicrun is very nice for the price though..

Yup, good stuff!! Great actually, IMO. All that is needed I believe for programming is the $10 card. Amain, Amazon..ten bucks! Mint!! 👌 :cool:

BTW, I tried 6s in my MT410 once too.. just once, LOL. Too much IMO. Can't control it when the steer tires are constantly off the ground!;)😜:ROFLMAO:
I've even got a heavy 6s battery..... the only possible solution is to cripple the performance in the ESC and I haven't tried that yet. The programing card comes today in the mail. :)

Yeah, ur too spoiled now from the TP, Castle and Max stuff to be bothered I bet. You'll only be disappointed most likely, LOL. The G2 Quicrun is very nice for the price though..
Hey my kraton exb rtr v2 still has stock electronics!!! :ROFLMAO:

I've even got a heavy 6s battery..... the only possible solution is to cripple the performance in the ESC and I haven't tried that yet. The programing card comes today in the mail. :)
Or.. ease up on the "pimp hand" ;) 😜 :ROFLMAO:

Hey my kraton exb rtr v2 still has stock electronics!!! :ROFLMAO:
They are getting better for sure! Unlike TRX, who seems to be stuck at Y2K..:sleep:🙃🥴

I might try one of these in my Talion XL. A little worried the rig is too big, but I only run Backflip LP's or Trencher LPs, saves a pound on weight vs Backflip MTs. I had a Max6 start cutting out about 5 minutes into a bash from capacitors overheating, no big deal, had run tons of 4s/6s packs through it over 2 years. Bought a new Max6 to replace it and it ran great for a few runs and then started doing the same thing, gearing down only made it last a minute or 2 longer. Also had a new G2 Max10SCT stop working after about 40-50 packs, wouldn't bother me but never got that esc over 130 degrees and the older version Max10SCT lasted me easily 100 packs. Gotta say I'm less than impressed with the Max lineup after spending so much extra.

Might be time to try a budget option. Is the 8bl150 better than the new 160a Firma? I see the take off Firma's on Ebay for around $90-$95 shipped.

I might try one of these in my Talion XL. A little worried the rig is too big, but I only run Backflip LP's or Trencher LPs, saves a pound on weight vs Backflip MTs. I had a Max6 start cutting out about 5 minutes into a bash from capacitors overheating, no big deal, had run tons of 4s/6s packs through it over 2 years. Bought a new Max6 to replace it and it ran great for a few runs and then started doing the same thing, gearing down only made it last a minute or 2 longer. Also had a new G2 Max10SCT stop working after about 40-50 packs, wouldn't bother me but never got that esc over 130 degrees and the older version Max10SCT lasted me easily 100 packs. Gotta say I'm less than impressed with the Max lineup after spending so much extra.

Might be time to try a budget option. Is the 8bl150 better than the new 160a Firma? I see the take off Firma's on Ebay for around $90-$95 shipped.
Huh, you're not the first I've heard of having problems with the G2 stuff. I want to believe they are of the same reliability I have come to expect of HW, but given your experiences, I'm not sure.. when I say HW electronics have been solid for me, I only own old tech, G1 stuff.. I will say the v1 Firma 160 has been good thus far, as has the Max 6 G1, and Quicrun esc's. Including the WP Max 10 SCT 120a rtr I picked from ebay.. solid. Tough call brother.
as to 8bl150 vs Firma 160, Firma I'd say, more amp capacity plus 8.4v BEC are definite pluses IMO.

My older 120a Max10SCT's have been extremely reliable. Couldn't even count how many packs of 4s I've run through the first one I bought and its still going. When the 140a G2 went out, I went to ebay and found one of the older versions, no issues after a few dozen packs of 3s & 4s. Really can't complain about the first Max6 going bad, it was solid for a long time, the replacementdying so fast is what gets me. You know how it is, once a pricey electronics piece goes bad way too soon, makes you look at it different for a while. 🤨🤣 Hard to imagine spending that much extra for a Max6 right now. Might have been bad luck, but money is tighter for rc stuff right now, looking to save a buck. 😎

Last edited:
My older 120a Max10SCT's have been extremely reliable. Couldn't even count how many packs of 4s I've run through the first one I bought and its still going. When the 140a G2 went out, I went to ebay and found one of the older versions, no issues after a few dozen packs of 3s & 4s. Really can't complain about the first Max6 going bad, it was solid for a long time. But you know how it is, once a pricey electronics piece goes bad way too soon, makes you look at it different for a while. 🤨🤣 Hard to imagine spending that much extra for a Max6 right now. Might have been bad luck, but money is tighter for rc stuff right now, looking to save a buck. 😎
Oh, I get it. Money is always a concern for me. As such, I'd be looking for a Max 6 G1 or Firma 160 for the Talion. There's gotta be some G1 Max 6 floating around out there NIB..

Some additional information about the Quicrun 4274 2000kv. I believe most of this is only available on the international site and in the manual. As it is a G2 and based on newer technology the Quicrun 4274kv is rated for 100 degrees celsius, 212 degrees Fahrenheit. It is 2mm larger in diameter than the Firma 2050kv (4074) and runs much cooler so it can be pushed harder.

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 8.13.57 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 8.15.26 PM.png

Some additional information about the Quicrun 4274 2000kv. I believe most of this is only available on the international site and in the manual. As it is a G2 and based on newer technology the Quicrun 4274kv is rated for 100 degrees celsius, 212 degrees Fahrenheit. It is 2mm larger in diameter than the Firma 2050kv (4074) and runs much cooler so it can be pushed harder.

View attachment 358597

. View attachment 358599
The 2mm difference in diameter is just the height of the cooling fins, which are 1mm tall. Still though, I believe the HW version may very well be better than the Firma, or any other rtr motor that Hw is supplying. The Quicrun has HW's name on it, the Firma does not, I know I would reserve my best for my own brand if it were me.

The 2mm difference in diameter is just the height of the cooling fins, which are 1mm tall. Still though, I believe the HW version may very well be better than the Firma, or any other rtr motor that Hw is supplying. The Quicrun has HW's name on it, the Firma does not, I know I would reserve my best for my own brand if it were me.
The Hobbywing 4274 2000kv G2 is rated for 100 Celsius / 212 degrees Fahrenheit, the Firma 2050kv is only rated for 71C / 160F.

Back