Max6 g2 vs Max5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaK8

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Whats the difference between these two? There are the same ampere but the g2 has bluetooth programming compatibility and it apparently should run colder than the max6 v3.

The max5 (non-G2) is a much older model. G2 stands for updated and beefier.
G2 versions can do 12S, run cooler, can deal more amps, better bec,..

I'd say a max6g2 is better than the old max5. If the choice is between both G2 models, the max5g2 is beefier and likes lower kv motors. If the car is smaller than 1:5 go for the max6g2

The max5 (non-G2) is a much older model. G2 stands for updated and beefier.
G2 versions can do 12S, run cooler, can deal more amps, better bec,..

I'd say a max6g2 is better than the old max5. If the choice is between both G2 models, the max5g2 is beefier and likes lower kv motors. If the car is smaller than 1:5 go for the max6g2
Its for the kraton 8s exb. I run a 1100kv motor

I am partial to the OG Max5, they are tanks.

Pushes around a loaded K8S with ease. Currently paired with an 1100Kv motor.

The Max6 G2 is fine for Kraton 8s. Max6 v3 (g1) is basically what's under the hood of the Spektrum 160A anyway. Max 6 G2 is even better.
I run spektrum dx5c controller, and max5 (on my other rig) The motor cables are connected correctly but the car drives in the right direction but when i reverse, the car has much power, and when im driving it foward the car has little power. What should i do?

Last edited:
I like the old max5. Once the g2s are a little more proven I might switch, but I’ve got the old max5 in my K8S, O8S, XRT and X-Maxx.

I run spektrum dx5c controller, and max5 (on my other rig) The motor cables are connected correctly but the car drives in the right direction but when i reverse, the car has much power, and when im driving it foward the car has little power. What should i do?
Change motor rotation in ESC programming and recalibrate

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back