Senton Mega vs blx chassis parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAVERICK@2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I have a lead on a hand full of used senton SLIDERS so I am not worried ablout the difference in the brushed vs brushless

Wanting to know if there is a difference between things like

Shocks
Driveshaft
Diffs
A arms

I have brushless system I am wanting to put in the rigs. Just wanting to know if the blx is built tougher or if they are the same trucks minus the electronics

Motor mount, slipper clutch and a several other things need to be ugraded. BLX power will be too much otherwise for a Mega/brushed drivetrain.
It is not just about the electrics being different. So a conversion $adds$ up quick if doing it properly. To essentially make it a full fledged Blx rig. Many have done this. You are not alone.
Best to have got the blx rig in the first place. Saving much $$ ahead of time.
Just food for thought for others considering a Mega 4x4. It good for a young child if left in Stock Mega config, however.
Because they are rather slow as bashers go. Reason the Mega price is so cheap.
I always look under the hood of a car before I buy.;)
I hate buyers remorse.:giggle:

Last edited:
i run a v1 mega granite i added blx diffs and blx motor mt and slipper .that's all. also the v3 mega's have the blx diff's

It depends on what version the rollers are, if they are V3 rollers motor module, slipper clutch, spur gear and adjustable turnbuckles are the only differences electronics aside.

If it's a V1 or V2 the diffs are different, they will hold up to 2s fairly well but 3s can kill them.

Depends on the version. If it’s the V5 (edit: it was a V3), the newest release, the differentials are the same as the BLX. If a v2 or 1 you need to upgrade the diffs. With any version of mega you should upgrade the spur, spurcase and motor mount.

Last edited:
Depends on the version. If it’s the V5, the newest release, the differentials are the same as the BLX. If a v4 or older you need to upgrade the diffs. With any version of mega you should upgrade the spur, spurcase and motor mount.
V5? Did I miss something?

V5? Did I miss something?
Whatever the most recent version was. I started off with a mega Granite in 2020 and the diffs were the same as the blx. I can’t remember fine details today as I feel rather rattled.
Okay it was a v3 I believe. It’s my noto and Kraton that are v5 😣

So I have a lead on a hand full of used senton SLIDERS so I am not worried ablout the difference in the brushed vs brushless

Wanting to know if there is a difference between things like

Shocks
Driveshaft
Diffs
A arms

I have brushless system I am wanting to put in the rigs. Just wanting to know if the blx is built tougher or if they are the same trucks minus the electronics
V2 megas got the same diffs arms shcoks and driveshaft only deference is Motor mount slipper clutch and center driveshaft bearing.

I would just add that the MEGA cars use different part for the springs, softer ones. on the Senton and Granite for sure, not sure about the Typhon
The shock springs? I've never noticed that but yeah they are. The Typhons are the same.

I would just add that the MEGA cars use different part for the springs, softer ones. on the Senton and Granite for sure, not sure about the Typhon
Don't think so. Many sellers put 3s/mega when they sell these shocks.
Screenshot_2022-10-21-22-23-18-06_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Don't think so. Many sellers put 3s/mega when they sell these shocks. View attachment 251399
You can see in this photo these are the softer springs, as they have more coils in them. so the seller is wrong about saying these are the 3s shocks.

I changed my 3s Senton to use the mega springs, as i like more roll in SCT.. to be a bit more like the Mojave. softer springs along with thinner oil. i use 350cst (35wt) compared to the stock 500cst.
Check out the manuals the springs are in fact different.
Yeah it was like that since the v1 mega

You can see in this photo these are the softer springs, as they have more coils in them. so the seller is wrong about saying these are the 3s shocks.

I changed my 3s Senton to use the mega springs, as i like more roll in SCT.. to be a bit more like the Mojave. softer springs along with thinner oil. i use 350cst (35wt) compared to the stock 500cst.

Yeah it was like that since the v1 mega

I think that they mean that they are compatible with both the 3s and the Mega.

And they are different from model to model too? I didn't look to see if they were different between models just mega VS BLX.

And they are different from model to model too? I didn't look to see if they were different between models just mega VS BLX.
The only cars that use a softer versions of the springs are the mega Granite & Senton (both 2wd and 4wd).. the rest of the cars share the same springs for both 3s and mega.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back