Messed up servo for 4s kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walk away and take a break,. regroup and look at it again. That may work. Search some videos.

You will also want to set the endpoints. If you are using a Spektrum radio, it will be called Travel. Find a video on that also.

So I the st trim is at neutral and I turned it all on the arm was pointed like you said it should, but instead of doing a slight turn like it should it turned more than 180 degrees
20200809_161005.jpg
20200809_160953.jpg

With the ST trim set to neutral, wherever the servo spline ends up is where wheels straight should be. Turning the wheel on the radio L or R should give approx the same travel L or R. Radio wheel at neutral should return servo to center. This is all obvious to the naked eye. If you don't see this, then there is a problem with the servo. You have received correct information as to setting up a new servo. I don't know much more that will guide you than this.
It is either user error with the servo install, or it is a faulty servo. Only you can determine that. Do you have a LHS to guide you and verify a working servo???

May I ask how old you are??
Maybe you need an adult or your Dad with more experience to help you out.

With the ST trim set to neutral, wherever the servo spline ends up is where wheels straight should be. Turning the wheel on the radio L or R should give approx the same travel L or R. Radio wheel at neutral should return servo to center. This is all obvious to the naked eye. If you don't see this, then there is a problem with the servo. You have received correct information as to setting up a new servo. I don't know much more that will guide you than this.
It is either user error with the servo install, or it is a faulty servo. Only you can determine that. Do you have a LHS to guide you and verify a working servo???

May I ask how old you are??
Maybe you need an adult or your Dad with more experience to help you out.
I am 16 and my father is just as new to it as I am.
I am 16 and my father is just as new to it as I am.
What is an LHS?

I understand now.
LHS=Local Hobby Shop.
You are doing fine.
You just need more one-on-one to help figure out the servo issue.
Visually seeing it done is probably best for you. Keep looking for videos.
Good luck. (y) (y) :)

doesn't @razorrc have a 4S? He makes great instructionals....
:unsure: Or did he sell that one also?

>>>>This:

The last video is probably your best. You will do it now after watching the video a few times and pause as needed when you actually install the servo. Looks like your servo horn orientation was wrong, so the steering would not center correctly. IMHO. Good luck.

Let us know how it worked out for you.:cool:

Last edited:
three words for a hobbyist like this.
search the internet!

Everything and anything is available online. As much as this forum has been an immense help for me as a newbie... I still bother to find the information available through my own research before turning to ask the forum. I get it's fast and easy, but learning how to research efficiently is always going to be beneficial in the future.

doesn't @razorrc have a 4S? He makes great instructionals....
:unsure: Or did he sell that one also?

Thanks, but yeah sold the Kraton 4S. I keep my RC cars for about a year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back