MethodRC Velociter Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
Anyone try these yet? The price is honestly looking right, and I've had a great experience with the MethodRC SCT tires on my Mojave. Thinking I might give them a try on one of my felony's when I finally match the diffs. Anyone have any opinions on them?

Very nice. I considered them also.
Its anyones guess regarding compound type and Speed Rating. Looks like a stout wheel design. Perhaps heavier than GRPs (cheaper) or even Hoons. My guess.
They are 2.0 mm wider with same Diameter as the Hoons. (100mm tall)
Trial and error.
I would give them a try. (y)
MethodRC wheels are well liked so far.
No complaints that I heard of yet.:)

Yolo I guess! I went ahead and ordered some. I don't plan on ever doing over a 100 on them and if they last longer than hoons it's definitely a win. I can't believe jennys want almost 90$ for felony hoons.

I’d say they should last longer than Hoons. Seems like there’s more meat on the tires. With all the pre glued tires on the market these days it’s been awhile since I glued any. Realized it’s a perishable skill. :p

I’d say they should last longer than Hoons. Seems like there’s more meat on the tires. With all the pre glued tires on the market these days it’s been awhile since I glued any. Realized it’s a perishable skill. :p
haha funny enough I'm still pretty new to the hobby and the method SCT tires I bought lead to my first ever glue job. It was pretty easy but I had the wifey helping me tbh. I know they have contraptions you can buy to make it easier and I'd definitely be looking into that if I didn't have another set of hands lol. I had her apply the glue while I pulled the tire from the rim. It's still holding up too and I run my mojave on 8s.

Yolo I guess! I went ahead and ordered some. I don't plan on ever doing over a 100 on them and if they last longer than hoons it's definitely a win. I can't believe jennys want almost 90$ for felony hoons.
Yeah occasionally JennysRC can be a $fail$ with certain parts.:confused:
I noticed that.

I noticed that.
Seriously, they are literally charging what they cost from Amazon or Amain lol.

I noticed that.
You ain’t lying. I was gonna order some backflips because the price was great. Then they wanted a ridiculous amount for shipping so I wasn’t saving much, if any, than ordering new in a package.

Shipping alone generates revenue/profit for many vendors. Helps offset $$ for shipping incidentals, packaging, and vendor handling etc.
Vendor shipping Accts get a disccount ship rate from many shippers and charge the Cust. full ship rates in some cases. Is what it is . Not unusual to see this.

How does the method sct wheels handle on grass with the Mojave. The stock ones are brilliant insane amount of grip, but would like some that has less traction, to see if it will power slide. Cheers👍

How does the method sct wheels handle on grass with the Mojave. The stock ones are brilliant insane amount of grip, but would like some that has less traction, to see if it will power slide. Cheers👍
They definitely have less grip in grass than stock

Shipping alone generates revenue/profit for many vendors. Helps offset $$ for shipping incidentals, packaging, and vendor handling etc.
Vendor shipping Accts get a disccount ship rate from many shippers and charge the Cust. full ship rates in some cases. Is what it is . Not unusual to see this.
Definitely gotta do your research.. some stuff on JRC is a real bargain, others, not so much..
At one point he had the belted Talions at nearly $100+shipping! They've come down some since.
Backflip 6s is cheaper elsewhere.
I just picked a set of backflip 8s for $100 delivered which is very good..
Which brings me to the Method 1/5 tires..they look awesome but $150+shipping.
I need to hear feedback before I can commit..

Definitely gotta do your research.. some stuff on JRC is a real bargain, others, not so much..
At one point he had the belted Talions at nearly $100+shipping! They've come down some since.
Backflip 6s is cheaper elsewhere.
I just picked a set of backflip 8s for $100 delivered which is very good..
Which brings me to the Method 1/5 tires..they look awesome but $150+shipping.
I need to hear feedback before I can commit..
Honestly I'm probably going to go with them the next time I need tires on my k8s. I spent 200$ on proline mashers so 150$ looks a lot better LOL. On the bright side, these mashers seem like they will last a long time and they haven't came unglued yet so at the moment I'm feeling like I will get my money worth.

Honestly I'm probably going to go with them the next time I need tires on my k8s. I spent 200$ on proline mashers so 150$ looks a lot better LOL. On the bright side, these mashers seem like they will last a long time and they haven't came unglued yet so at the moment I'm feeling like I will get my money worth.
Sweet! I do like the mashers but just can't see $200 for rc tires🤮
I have an Xmaxx, so with that wonky 24mm hex on a 12mm axle,options are limited. Those TRX bastards even spec'd course threaded axles/wheel nuts!! The backflips do rub the control arms..guess I'll have to dial down the steering endpoints if I can ever figure out the janky TRX programming menu..🤮🤣🤣

$200. give or take for a set of 1/5 scale tires is about right. Is what it is for 1/5 scale territory.
I checked parts pricing on 1/5 scale rigs, and it is not feasible for me. Expensive.
I stay with 1/8 rigs for this reason. My wallet is more comfortable with them.:giggle:

$200. give or take for a set of 1/5 scale tires is about right. Is what it is for 1/5 scale territory.
I checked parts pricing on 1/5 scale rigs, and it is not feasible for me. Expensive.
I stay with 1/8 rigs for this reason. My wallet is more comfortable with them.:giggle:
You're right, I had decided I wasn't going there..then my brother had to go and buy an Xmaxx! That A-hole even had the nerve to leave it at MY house with batteries and charger!! Some nerve!! So, after staring at it for a couple days, I had to try it(he said to).. and now I have an XMike🤣🤣
TBH, the truck is a blast!! I'm hooked🤑

I feel ya. Large scale is in a different realm.
Easy to get bit by the bug.:LOL:
They are big and heavy. Large and in charge....Just need a wallet to match....:ROFLMAO:
Not for the faint of heart.
I find that large scale rigs usually cost $double$ for most parts compared to 6s 1/8 scale rigs. Last I checked, is what it is.
And I never felt 1/5 larger scale was any faster than most 1/8 scalers. 1/5 are slower and less agile IMHO.

Last edited:
I feel ya. Large scale is in a different realm.
Easy to get bit by the bug.:LOL:
They are big and heavy. Large and in charge....Just need a wallet to match....:ROFLMAO:
Not for the faint of heart.
I find that large scale rigs usually cost $double$ for most parts compared to 6s 1/8 scale rigs. Last I checked, is what it is.
And I never felt 1/5 larger scale was any faster than most 1/8 scalers. 1/5 are slower and less agile IMHO.
Pretty much agree on all points👌 The X doesn't seem as fast stock as say a 6s blx, and that's a good thing IMO..it's alot of mass in motion!!
I know the Arrma 8s rigs are even heavier (and faster). These are not trucks for the masses IMO. Then again,neither is a 186mph sport bike, but they're everywhere!? With great power comes great responsibility..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back