MIP combo (and electric driver recommendation please?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BOSCH PS22-02 12-volt Max Brushless Pocket Driver Kit works incredibly if you can find one!
Thanks, I’ll look it up in case the Milwaukee fails me. I don’t think it will though. Can’t wait to get my first electric driver 😁

This guy ProjectFarm is my go-to-guy for a lot of reviews, you gotta see the glue tests:ROFLMAO: He's very thorough and tests rigorously. Based on this video, I chose the Metabo. The Dewalt is great but I agreed that the gyro was not something I wanted.
Check it out
Yeah Projectfarm is great. I watch his stuff so much. Your the first person to bring his name up. Many never heard of him. But he is popular.
Having a standard M12 Milwaukee already I wanted to get the Gyro. Raz S. loves his, and I see him using it all the time.
Seems good for repetitive RC use, more specifically. Just me.
If it's your very first power driver for RC use, any standard fare P. driver is good.(y)
Thanks, I’ll look it up in case the Milwaukee fails me. I don’t think it will though. Can’t wait to get my first electric driver 😁
The M12 Milwaukee will not fail you. Promise. It's really well made. Could be a bit lighter IMHO, if anything. But solid construction Rules. Mine has 5+ years of RC use and works like the day I got it. Batteries and all.
I paid a buck for the kit. Charger, case and 2 batts. The Home Depot. Yeah, not the cheapest alternative.

Last edited:
Yeah Projectfarm is great. I watch his stuff so much. Your the first person to bring his name up. Many never heard of him. But he is popular.
Having a standard M12 Milwaukee already I wanted to get the Gyro. Raz S. loves his, and I see him using it all the time.
Seems good for repetitive RC use, more specifically. Just me.
If it's your very first power driver for RC use, any standard fare P. driver is good.(y)

The M12 Milwaukee will not fail you. Promise. It's really well made. Could be a bit lighter IMHO, if anything. But solid construction Rules. Mine has 5+ years of RC use and works like the day I got it. Batteries and all.
I paid a buck for the kit. Charger, case and 2 batts. The Home Depot. Yeah, not the cheapest alternative.
Thanks for your feedback on it! I’m excited to get it.

It was this time. After one dude posted his Home Depot purchase and I compared it to my Amazon one, his was 20 less. I’m sure there’s other places where you can get it cheaper. But I like Amazon…if I don’t like the product I can send it back before January 31st over the holiday season.

How does a Gyro driver work? Is it that you don’t have to hit buttons to direct it, it comes from hand movement or something else?

^^^I agree 100% regarding AMZ.(y)
I would really like to try the Gyro first hand myself.
When I first saw it in a video somewhere, I thought it was a gimmeck. Then I saw Raz using his. All the time. And he wrenches constantly, Probably more than most of us. He always swears by it. So I always watch him closely using his. And I wanted to try it. Just that it is a straight shaped driver and I had a straight regular type before and always got better grip with a pistol type. Just me. But I want to try it. If I don't like it I might return it. On the fence.:unsure:
It just operates withh a slight wrist turning motion, for/rev. No button to press. Which may be pratical grip wise. IDK. Makes sense though.:cool:
Like I said above. the M12 Milwaukee could be a little lighter for just RC use. But absolutely has quality enough. Clutch at lower settings won't strip. hardware.(y) I don't know the Gyro even has clutch. And seems slower turning. I just need one in hand to evaluate best. I didn't even check the price yet. I will def pass if it is $80.+.

Edit.
Yeah gyro is $120. THD. Ouch. IDK now. But it is feature rich......Variable spd with clutch. Pistol convertible from straight position. 8v is more than enough for RC use. My old Ryobi is pretty much done ( my backup) .Maybe I can justify the price and get a backup driver??......:unsure:
I do trust Raz though, if he recommends it. Just never felt Dewalt was better than Milwaukee though. Quality wise.
The Gyro feature is all that makes it unique however. Other wise it is just another driver.

Last edited:
Dewalt gyro screw driver
What is your opinion on the Dew. Gyro? Pros or cons. Is it heavy/ lighter than most?
Is the clutch decent for preventing stripping. Dials down torque low enough??

What is your opinion on the Dew. Gyro? Pros or cons. Is it heavy/ lighter than most?
Is the clutch decent for preventing stripping. Dials down torque low enough??
The dewalt gyro doesn’t Have a clutch but it is like perfect. It works from wrist motion small wrist movements mean small torque. I keep a loose hand so when it hits snug it stops it self I have had many and this is the best

Last edited:
^^^ Just came home from THD, they had none left to look at. $80. The one you have. Straight, no clutch. I think that is the one Raz uses in his video's(y)
I would give it a try. How many batts does it come with?

^^^ Just came home from THD, they had none left to look at. $80. The one you have. Straight, no clutch. I think that is the one Raz uses in his video's(y)
I would give it a try. How many batts does it come with?
It comes with one battery but that one battery is an all day charge easily. It will be all you need. Yes the same as razz and many others on here use that. It’s a little weird at first because it’s all by a flick of the wrist but the control of it is great. It has tons of torque to break threadloc loose but gentle enough to not strip plastic. The more you turn your wrist the more torque it puts out

^^^ Sold. Just need to order it.

Those still looking for the M12 Milwaukee, it is still $100. at THD. I paid the same 5 years ago.
Soft Case , 2 batts and charger. It hasn't gone up in price like everything else. Yet.:ROFLMAO:

^^^ Sold. Just need to order it.

Those still looking for the M12 Milwaukee, it is still $100. at THD. I paid the same 5 years ago.
Soft Case , 2 batts and charger. It hasn't gone up in price like everything else. Yet.:ROFLMAO:

Mine just came in and I’m glad I got it when I did. It’s already back up to 95 bucks on Amazon. I love the way it feels in hand and I’ll be using it when I start tearing apart my granite for a rebuild/upgrade.

What would you recommend for those on a budget?

The reason is that I am getting back into RC after almost a decade and a different country away, so need to buy everything again. So apart from having to buy the car, batteries and charger, I need tools too, and need to keep costs down as much as possible where I can. $70 is great for a cordless driver, but it's still $70.

What would you recommend for those on a budget?

The reason is that I am getting back into RC after almost a decade and a different country away, so need to buy everything again. So apart from having to buy the car, batteries and charger, I need tools too, and need to keep costs down as much as possible where I can. $70 is great for a cordless driver, but it's still $70.
Check out that video I linked at post 14, the NoCry came in top 3 ref=sr_1_3 and less than $40

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back