MMX8S Throttle Curve Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logan's_Rcs

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Finally about to finish up my Tekno MT410, with the Castle 1520/MMX8S combo. I tested it recently, and noticed that there is a massive spike in power when I hit around 3/4 throttle. It immediately goes to full throttle, and has no more to give, even though the trigger isn't pulled the whole way. Is there a way to smooth this out and make it more linear? I would assume it would be something to do with the Castle Link software, but I haven't been able to find anything to help me out with this! Wondering what thoughts you guys have!

Thanks!

I'd start with the throttle calibration and make sure that 100% throttle is the same between the radio and ESC.

You can do throttle curves in the castle link software, but would likely take some test adjust re-test adjust test re-adjust to get it right.

I'd start with the throttle calibration and make sure that 100% throttle is the same between the radio and ESC.

You can do throttle curves in the castle link software, but would likely take some test adjust re-test adjust test re-adjust to get it right.
I've re-calibrated it twice, the same thing keeps happening.

Need the Castle PC Link to get into the ESC settings well enough. If you don't have one yet.
Have you looked over your Radio settings? More specifically the Throttle Expo and Throttle Speed settings if so equipped.
Which radio are you using right now?
Sounds like a Radio setting perhaps if not the ESC's???:unsure:

Need the Castle PC Link to get into the ESC settings well enough. If you don't have one yet.
Have you looked over your Radio settings? More specifically the Throttle Expo and Throttle Speed settings if so equipped.
Which radio are you using right now?
I have an old castle field link that allows me to get into the computer. I'm using a Dumbo RC transmitter, nothing too special

Check your Dumbo Radio settings. In the sub menus to check what I stated above, if the radio is equipped with those 2 features. I don't know much about Dumbo RC. I run the RL RC6GS.
You may also want to reset the ESC and try it again. Calibration again etc. Try dropping the Punch level or Power curve down a bit.
What you are describing is a delayed throttle response until a certain "trigger range" is reached?
I don't have CC stuff. But with my HW sensored ESC's, I can observe this when my Timing, Turbo boost and Turbo Delay settings are askew.
Always good to start with zero or lowest Timing with any ESC anyway, IMHO.
I think its better to use the Current CC PC link adapter. Maybe you just need a F/W update? If a later one exists?
Also, are your Lipo(s) up to snuff? In good condition?
Cover all your bases. Then a call to CC may help better.

Last edited:
I've re-calibrated it twice, the same thing keeps happening.
Many of my castle ESCs seem to hit 100% power output around the 75% throttle input. That seems to be an issue.
I have not yet figured out a fix for it. I had considered doing some edits on the radio throttle output but so far just have not cared enough to fix it for what I do with my RCs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back