Flysky gt5 throttle epa question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwatson427

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey guys I just noticed on my flysky gt5 that the throttle ep can go to 120%. Do I set it at 120% to get max speed from my rcs?? I'd assume yes as when you turn it down it lowers the max speed. Kinda confusing why it would go to 120% instead of just keeping it simple and having it cap at 100%. It seemed like when i would speed test stock rcs on my gt5 would be a little less than what others would get if im remembering right. Should I leave it at 100% or set it to the max at 120% for maximum top speed? i run mostly hobbywing esc's Any advice guys? Thanks guys

Hey guys I just noticed on my flysky gt5 that the throttle ep can go to 120%. Do I set it at 120% to get max speed from my rcs?? I'd assume yes as when you turn it down it lowers the max speed. Kinda confusing why it would go to 120% instead of just keeping it simple and having it cap at 100%. It seemed like when i would speed test stock rcs on my gt5 would be a little less than what others would get if im remembering right. Should I leave it at 100% or set it to the max at 120% for maximum top speed? i run mostly hobbywing esc's Any advice guys? Thanks guys
Throttle endpoints going to 120 is really more of a nitro thing for servos that aren't getting the full range of motion within the 100 point. Some say setting it to 120 and then recalibrating throttle on the ESC will give you more resolution but I highly doubt anyone actually notices any difference from doing that. If resolution is important to you get a remote with higher resolution if you ask me. But yeah personally I'd say set to 100, calibrate throttle, and send it. Setting it to 120 won't make your car faster, your ESC isn't hiding more voltage anywhere. When throttle is fully pegged the ESC is basically sending full battery voltage to the motor.

Back