Mojave Mojave + 1/5 GRP street bash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR

Originally, I bought the 1/5 grp tires for my talion and ended up never trying them. I put the methrodRC tires I bought for my mojave on the talion and have loved them there. That got me thinking, why not toss the 1/5 grps on the mojave? So I did and holy shizzzz they're awesome. I have to do some tunning as my body is riding kind of low and during breaking the body was rubbing. Regardless, they were absolutely a blast to bash around with. Even the wifey is talking about maybe getting her own mojave now just because of the grps. :ROFLMAO:

Not bad!

Love the 1/5 GRPs...wish they were the standard tire that people ran instead of the 1/8. To me the 1/8 are way too small (even for a Typhon). I've even had some of them foamed up by Gone Bananas and they're awesome for street bashing/drag/speed running. The size is perfect for 1/8 or 1/7 scale but the bodies that are made for those cars are always cut for 1/8. Hopefully that changes soon.

If you've never seen them you should try the F1 GRPs too. They dope also. They're close to the Sweeps in size but much less weight. @MFM has a picture of a Mojave with the F1 size.

Love the 1/5 GRPs...wish they were the standard tire that people ran instead of the 1/8. To me the 1/8 are way too small (even for a Typhon). I've even had some of them foamed up by Gone Bananas and they're awesome for street bashing/drag/speed running. The size is perfect for 1/8 or 1/7 scale but the bodies that are made for those cars are always cut for 1/8. Hopefully that changes soon.

If you've never seen them you should try the F1 GRPs too. They dope also. They're close to the Sweeps in size but much less weight. @MFM has a picture of a Mojave with the F1 size.
I feel exactly the same way, though the 1/5 grps are a bit heavy. My motor temps definitely increased but the style of driving probably also playing a role. I had never heard of the F1 grps but they look interesting. Seem a bit harder to find.
Ooooh nice. I’d try AVC or gyro on that and see if you can get it set up for just the right amount to drift.

I should try that! I have gyro but I never really used it much.

I got a set of lightly used plastic 1/5 grps I'm getting rid of...they are not good for a light speedcar..they slide around to much for me.better suited for heavier car..I'm sticking with the p1 slicks..if interested pm me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back