Mojave foam inserts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
Does anyone happen to know what foam inserts go with mojave tires? Trying to fix some but I can't find the right foam for the life of me. SOS? =D

I doubt very highly you will find them available by themselves. You will have to find foams that are a good fit from other sources. Trial and error for the most part measuring your old ones well enough for a start to compare. I would look to wide Closed Cell 2.2" Crawler foams. Someting close in size to the stocker foams you are replacing. You could always trim down the foam's width if too wide. Just make all 4 an identical fit for whichever.
Crawler foams don't come cheap. (Crawler Innovations) Especially the Closed Cell (waterproof) ones. May be better to just get a new set of Mojo wheels???? IDK.:unsure:
Also check Proline for foams. The Mojo wheels unfortunately have proprietary dimensions. I have yet to see any Mojo foams available by themselves from Arrma or others.
The Moj. wheels are generally durable and costly at that. The foams will rot and break down if you run in the wet. Is what it is. All stocker open cell foams do this.
Chemicals like acetone, when removing the tire from the wheel, will also destroy the foams in many cases.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I think I will just buy more from jennyrc and hope they last longer than the 4 seconds the first pair did. :ROFLMAO:

Just curious, how much use do you get from your Mojo wheels/tires?
I'm still running my first set with 20+ runs on them. Dirt most of the time. They are getting real bald, but foams and all still intact. I run 6s with mine FWIW. They do wear very fast on pavement. Only did that a few times. I could see the tread wear was bad on pavement. I don't run in the wet. I have a spare set from JennysRC here. Jennys sells out quick.:(
Also, the mojo tires come pre vented in 4 places on the tire itself. (1/16" holes)
A plus.(y)
I do run X-Con Truggy Zero offset pin tires/wheels on occasion. ( premounts) A bit taller. I prefer the stockers best. Perform more to scale IMHO. I think the Mojo was designed around these sized wheels. Basically a larger scale copied SCT wheel/tire.

Edited.

Last edited:
Just curious, how much use do you get from your Mojo wheels/tires?
I'm still running my first set with 20+ runs on them. Dirt most of the time. They are getting real bald, but foams and all still intact. I run 6s with mine FWIW. They do wear very fast on pavement. Only did that a few times. I could see the tread wear was bad on pavement. I don't run in the wet. I have a spare set from JennysRC here. Jennys sells out quick.:(
Also, the mojo tires come pre vented in 4 places on the tire itself. (1/16" holes)
A plus.(y)
I do run X-Con Truggy Zero offset pin tires/wheels on occasion. ( premounts) A bit taller. I prefer the stockers best. Perform more to scale IMHO. I think the Mojo was designed around these sized wheels. Basically a larger scale copied SCT wheel/tire.

Edited.
I truggified my typhon and bought the mojave tires to try out. I actually never even got to use them before 2 of them exploded. I was in the process of placing the typhon on the floor when I hit the throttle with all 4 tires still off the ground. Tires exploded instantly and I shed a tear as I watched my money go down the toilet :cry:

Figured I'd go the belted mx28 route but I still have 2 mojave tires that are fine so I don't want to just toss them which means I'ma have to order 4 more from jenny lol.

I hear of this happening. I just been lucky?
Before I even got my Mojo., I saw many getting blowouts and all. So I got a second set with the Mojo. Never used the second set yet, almost 2 years now. Much mileage. (V1 RTR Mojave)
I run stocker 6s gear.
f60k/c500k/r30k

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back