Mojave Motor and ESC upgrade suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case anyone was wondering I’m a tad disappointed in castle.

pick up a castle combo. $300
You have to add a blue link adapter $55

I tried updating the firmware via the b-link several times with several devises. Both android and apple. It freezes in different spots depending on which firmware you try.

The latest software update is like 5 years old and is still beta.

After doing some searching on the line others are having these same issues in 2023. It seems I need to get a pc link adapter and buy a laptop to use this system. That’s the only way I can install the firmware to fix the issue from what I’ve read. I didn’t research enough before my purchase to to learn apple is not supported.

Thank you all for the input it’s much appreciated.

It sounds like I’ll try to stay around 40mm to avoid grinding off cooling fins. the stock motor is 2400Kv so something lower in Kv than that. Kind of brings me back to the castle monster x 1515 2200kv combo.

K-Bash in your opinion what does more radical look like. Lol
Just wondering did you end up doing this? I'm kinda on a mission to get full use of the wheelie bar on my 4s Mojave but found this thread searching if a 40mm motor would fit.

I did, I used a 19 tooth pinion and there is JUST enough room. With a 20 tooth you should have plenty of room. I was even able to squeeze in a KCRC fan.

IMG_3761.jpeg

IMG_3762.jpeg

I did, I used a 19 tooth pinion and there is JUST enough room. With a 20 tooth you should have plenty of room. I was even able to squeeze in a KCRC fan.

View attachment 339697

View attachment 339698
Thanks! I installed the system today and the motor is resting on the center bearing with the stock 16t pinion like in your pic. Not sure if I'm going to gear up cause in the quick short run I did today it was monstrous!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back