Motor connecters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john 8s

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
So I just got my T.P power motor and the person has female connectors soldered on. I am not sure why it was like that. My question is if I get my motor extension wires is it ok to have to male connectors on same wire. 1to plug into motor and on to plug into esc? I've never seen a motor soldered like this.

I think that should be okay, if the bullet connectors are large enough to handle the current and the solder joints are solid I don't see anything wrong with doing that. Of course make sure there's shrink tube/tape or something over the individual bullets so they don't bridge while the car is running and current is flowing to the motor. I'm not sure why you would solder the female end to the motor honestly, pretty much every ESC I've seen has female bullets. (y)

Last edited:
My question is if I get my motor extension wires is it ok to have to male connectors on same wire. 1to plug into motor and on to plug into esc?
That’s perfectly fine. Male-female direction doesn’t matter for conductivity purposes.

Yeah, a 'gender changer' extension is no problem. Done a few of those myself back in the day. Not so much anymore.

Got ahold of the seller and he told me that's how got it from T.P. I doubt it though.

Got ahold of the seller and he told me that's how got it from T.P. I doubt it though.
Like @dure16 said, he’s more full of crap than a Christmas turkey. TP ships bare motor wires ready for the bullet of your choice to be soldered on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back