Brushless motor rotor swap? Feedback plz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neighborhater383ci

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Senton 3s
Bought this 1512( probably fake ) castle 2650 motor for 40 bucks and me being silly me I full throttled with no load on 8s (don’t laugh) and delaminated the magnets. Decided to grab one of my old spektrum 2050kv rotors and shoehorn it in and boy does this motor run! Does anyone have any idea why it might have made such a big difference just swapping rotors minus the length change? The graph was the first run after, went 100mph first pass no heat issues

IMG_8934.png

IMG_8937.jpeg

IMG_8938.jpeg

IMG_8939.jpeg

IMG_8941.jpeg

IMG_8942.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, that’s a new one on me! You get extra creativity points for that for sure. I’m waiting to see what others have to say. Cool that you did this!

I mean I would probably just guess the rotor length. Longer rotor = more magnet for the coils to interact with?

Props for making that work! (y) Interested to see the long term results.

Chances are the KV value is higher now if you are noticing a big difference.
The magnet strength, rotor length, and the gap between the rotor and windings are they key pieces to that puzzle.

Like the others said... Kudos for figuring out that swapping another motors rotor in could work!

Last edited:
Chances are the KV value is higher now if you are noticing a big difference.
The magnet strength, rotor length, and the gap between the rotor and windings are they key pieces to that puzzle.

Like the others said... Kudos for figuring out that swapping another motors rotor in could work!
I will have to let the xlx2 run a motor test and see what it’s telling me, things crazy torquey down low and screams up top. I’ve got some gearing coming in tomorrow and I’ll get to see just how strong this little abomination is. Here are the two rotors side by side. I’m still wondering if this motor is a fake castle but either way it seems to be a good can

IMG_8943.jpeg

IMG_8944.jpeg

I will have to let the xlx2 run a motor test and see what it’s telling me, things crazy torquey down low and screams up top. I’ve got some gearing coming in tomorrow and I’ll get to see just how strong this little abomination is. Here are the two rotors side by side. I’m still wondering if this motor is a fake castle but either way it seems to be a good can

View attachment 362606

View attachment 362607
Much more rotor magnet area with the swap.
That would account for the power.

Back