Motor Shaft Broke - Warrantee Issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Just going up and down the street and the motor shaft breaks!! I was actually just doing a straight run when it happened. See pics. I don't recall seeing this issue in the threads. Truck was bought new in December. Do you think HH will send me a new motor or just tell me to pack sand?

Thanks.

20210314_195944.jpg

20210314_192633.jpg

Hey, just an update (as if anybody really cares) -

I called HH about the motor and they sent me a new one under warrantee. (Thanks HH!) Still the 5mm shaft version.

Question(s):

If the 5mm shafts are prone to breaking (as per Hammer Down and sanara.kenshin), should I "expect" to have this one break eventually also?

Would I want to buy the new 8mm version when it comes out and treat it like a ready-spare? (yea, I know I'll have to get the larger hole pinions also).

If I wanted to maintain close to OEM specs of the Spektrum Firma 1250Kv (and still using just the 19 and 23T pinions), what other motor brands / models should I be looking at?

Thanks.

Hey, just an update (as if anybody really cares) -

I called HH about the motor and they sent me a new one under warrantee. (Thanks HH!) Still the 5mm shaft version.

Question(s):

If the 5mm shafts are prone to breaking (as per Hammer Down and sanara.kenshin), should I "expect" to have this one break eventually also?

Would I want to buy the new 8mm version when it comes out and treat it like a ready-spare? (yea, I know I'll have to get the larger hole pinions also).

If I wanted to maintain close to OEM specs of the Spektrum Firma 1250Kv (and still using just the 19 and 23T pinions), what other motor brands / models should I be looking at?

Thanks.
If it was me I would go with a motor with an 8mm shaft just to be safe.

slick2500,
Agreed. As I stated, other than waiting for the 8mm Firma 1250Kv, what other motor(s) that are similar to those specs should I look into?

Thanks!
Not sure to be honest as I do not have any experience with the 8s models. Hopefully someone who does have one can chime in and get you pointed in the right direction.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back