Kraton Motor Weight and can size affects on durability and temps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mosen

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
The 4985 can sizes (max6) seem very popular in the Kraton 6s. But a lot of people recommend keeping the car light.
While the 4985 1650kv would have a lot of power; is the heavy can detrimental for the car ? Or is that only applicable when jumping crazy heights and distances ?
Also, would a bigger can run cooler ?

Have a Max6/1650kv Combo and a Quicrun 150A G2/4274 2000kv and also a Sledge 4276 2000kv motor lying around.

What should i consider and which should i install ? I run 6s; off road bashing; no grass, no insane jumps.

Temps is a concern due to the country where i live.

*what temps advantage would i have between 4985, 4274, 4276 and 4282 cans….

Thanks!!

Yes, bigger can will run cooler... go straight to the max6/4985, run a 16/17/18t pinion to start if you're worried about temps, adjust accordingly after some heat checks.. if you're just doing general bashing, and no grass or big jumps, that's a hard combo to beat, the little extra added weight won't matter much

The max6 and 4985 systeem is so powerful, it doesn't have any problems at all moving 6S rigs to speeds upto and over 60mph. You won't have to go full throttle all the time and still have enough speed. All in all this system won't stress unless you still WOT it all the time. I even run it on 4S and my Mojave reaches 45mph easily.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back