Infraction Mounting K8S ESC in Infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I'm going to run my K8S electronics in my Infraction. The question I have is how do I mount the ESC.
20200122_102134.jpg
20200122_102239.jpg

The only way I could get it into the stock area is to dremel off the ESC mounting brackets, turn it sideways and adhere it with double sided tape. My other option would fab up some metal work and mount it up higher in that spot or maybe here:
20200122_103724.jpg

I think the easiest thing to do would be to dremel off the mounting brackets but before I did that I wanted some opinions. Keep in mind that I would need to source someone to make the mounting plate for me *cough* @Mr.Duke *cough* ?

I believe @Porschetech has done it... quite sure he’ll explain what he did ???
I don't know how I missed that video! Thank you and thanks to @Porschetech!

I am not going to run a spool in mine as I have aspirations of running it on a dirt track with light jumps. Biggest pinion I can fit is 27t on the stock mount. Does some make a mount that will allow for a bigger pinion? With the 27t is should be about as fast at the stock pinion, ESC and motor on 6S. I'd like to get into the 65 mph range but I do not want a spool.

To gain the clearance....
Would it be possible to leave the tabs and dremel two small notches through the wall of the compartment where the receiver lives? It appears that the 2 mounting tabs on other side of the ESC would clear under the edge of the battery tray.
63519A4E-5635-4D19-BF11-CC532DE8C35D.jpeg

To gain the clearance....
Would it be possible to leave the tabs and dremel two small notches through the wall of the compartment where the receiver lives? It appears that the 2 mounting tabs on other side of the ESC would clear under the edge of the battery tray.
View attachment 61963
Too late ?

He had sold out of them before I could swoop one. Wound up buying the exact model he had, so nice to hear you seem pleased with it!
Yeah I did a side by side comparison and I couldn’t believe how slow the stock one is.

Thanks. Just placed an order ???

Everything fits nicely. Took it down the street for a quick rip and it seems really fast. I went with 20mil I'm the center diff, punch 4/5, brake at 67.5% I really won't be able to properly test it until the spring.

View attachment 61996View attachment 61997
Copycat

??

Edit....,,in all seriousness I think this will be a popular mod for the infraction crew.

This is off their site

https://blog.arrma-rc.com/news/behind-the-scenes-building-an-8s-infraction-to-take-on-a-supercar/

Last edited:
I don't know how I missed that video! Thank you and thanks to @Porschetech!

I am not going to run a spool in mine as I have aspirations of running it on a dirt track with light jumps. Biggest pinion I can fit is 27t on the stock mount. Does some make a mount that will allow for a bigger pinion? With the 27t is should be about as fast at the stock pinion, ESC and motor on 6S. I'd like to get into the 65 mph range but I do not want a spool.
Arrma makes a taller sliding motor mount option for fatter 50+mm can motors. Maybe it will accommodate a larger pinion as well?https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA320538
Not sure.
@bicketybam I never though you would feel the need. The need for speed. :LOL: Now you need a SkyRC speed meter. (y) :cool:
I thought the Infr. can gain much higher speeds over 65MPH with just tweaking the stock setup? Ive seen vids close to 100MPH? Fairly stock configs. My Kraton goes 63MPH with the opt. speed gear alone and some Punch adjusting.

Last edited:
Arrma makes a taller sliding motor mount option for fatter 50+mm can motors. Maybe it will accommodate a larger pinion as well?https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA320538
Not sure.
@bicketybam I never though you would feel the need. The need for speed. :LOL:
I thought the Infr. can gain much higher speeds over 65MPH with just tweaking the stock setup? Ive seen vids close to 100MPH? Fairly stock configs. My Kraton goes 63MPH with the opt. speed gear alone and some Punch adjusting.

I tried that. It didn’t work. So I stuck to using the original infraction one.

Edit....,,in all seriousness I think this will be a popular mod for the infraction crew.
I think it will be very very popular when the weather gets better, Jenny's will be out of stock of the parts soon just like Typhon 6s shocks and Backflip LP's..???

I think it will be very very popular when the weather gets better, Jenny's will be out of stock of the parts soon just like Typhon 6s shocks and Backflip LP's..???
Hoons are going to get even harder to find at a decent price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back