MT vs ST tires and rims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
This may be obvious to some, but I was never sure. Please educate me as I’m shopping for new shoes for my BRCC.

TIA

For 1/10, rim size for mt is 2.8”, St are 2.2”

Mt usually comes with external diameter of around 135mm, while st 115mm

But some newer st tires use mt rims but low profile tires to achieve the smaller st diameter.

The brcc won’t fit 2.2 st rims.

Last edited:
As far as like stuff from proline or Duratrax the wheels are both going to be 2.8 wheels but the Mt tires are have a larger diameter than the St. When I get home this afternoon I can take some pics side by side Duratrax Lockup 2.8 MT and 2.8 ST.

As far as like stuff from proline or Duratrax the wheels are both going to be 2.8 wheels but the Mt tires are have a larger diameter than the St. When I get home this afternoon I can take some pics side by side Duratrax Lockup 2.8 MT and 2.8 ST.
Please do. Thanks.

Please do. Thanks.

MT on top ST on bottom.
1698473736898.jpeg

1698473826260.jpeg

Wow. Huge difference. Thanks @slick2500
Yeah for the BRCC I would go with the MTs, if it was the Vorteks I would say try the ST tires on that. It's weird though even though those are both technically the same tire the MTs have a much softer rubber compound and grip much better than the St tires do.

Yeah for the BRCC I would go with the MTs, if it was the Vorteks I would say try the ST tires on that. It's weird though even though those are both technically the same tire the MTs have a much softer rubber compound and grip much better than the St tires do.
Actually, I was looking at the Jetko line of tires. Heard of them? Pricey, but they seem better than what Duratrax offers.

Actually, I was looking at the Jetko line of tires. Heard of them? Pricey, but they seem better than what Duratrax offers.

There were a few of the Youtubers that got some of their tires for "review" but beyond that not much feedback on them. Idk for $16 it's kind of hard to pass these up https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/lockup-mt-2.8-2wd-mounted-front-c2-tires-black-2/DTXC3506.html

-edit- oooooh shoot do not buy those those are for the front of the Jato.

Last edited:
Just get some 17mm hexes from the Typhon and some Hoons.

Wouldn't the Hoons seem outta place on the BRCC? I'll need to search this as the idea intriques me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back