Jetko 3.8 MT tires, anyone running them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I have 2 sets of Jetko King Cobra tires, both are 2.8 size with one stadium truck the other MT. Small Addictions has a 30% off sale on Jetko tires and was thinking of grabbing a set of 3.8 King Cobras as a second option for my new Notorious.

The 2 sets I have are incredibly grippy and the foams are the firmest I've felt by far compared to all other tires. The stadium truck size are awesome, one of my favorite 2.8 tires ever. The firmness is a little too much on the 2.8MTs if I leave my setup the same, have to run softer springs to offset the firmer foams or my Stampede will bounce since it weighs less than 7 pounds, lol. Not sure if that would be an issue with the 3.8 size on a much heavier rig.

The size is my favorite part, they are 6.5 tall and 3.125 wide. Was looking at 3.8 Prolines but don't like the almost 4 inch width. The hubs on the Jetko tires are interchangeable with Proline and I have a set of 4 aluminum hubs with zero offset so not worried about cracking hubs.

Wait what? I did? Crap, I totally did! :ROFLMAO:

That's the worst part of getting a new rig, its not the final purchase, its only the beginning! 🤪🤣:cool:

Glad you asked this question as I’ve been eyeing their tires as well. A tad more expensive but the rubber they use is top notch. If only they had this kind of technology when Brandon’s parent’s were trying to conceive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ya ya… I know. It isn’t politically correct. Made you laugh though.

I found out the 3.8 MT size weigh about 450g each. :oops: skipping those!

Decided to go with the belted 3.8 SGT Rockforms. They are belted, 5.25h x 3w and weigh about 300g each, seems worth trying them for my XL Talion at a nearby grass/dirt bash spot. Especially while they are 30% off, lol.

1000005007.jpg

I have 2 sets of Jetko King Cobra tires, both are 2.8 size with one stadium truck the other MT. Small Addictions has a 30% off sale on Jetko tires and was thinking of grabbing a set of 3.8 King Cobras as a second option for my new Notorious.

The 2 sets I have are incredibly grippy and the foams are the firmest I've felt by far compared to all other tires. The stadium truck size are awesome, one of my favorite 2.8 tires ever. The firmness is a little too much on the 2.8MTs if I leave my setup the same, have to run softer springs to offset the firmer foams or my Stampede will bounce since it weighs less than 7 pounds, lol. Not sure if that would be an issue with the 3.8 size on a much heavier rig.

The size is my favorite part, they are 6.5 tall and 3.125 wide. Was looking at 3.8 Prolines but don't like the almost 4 inch width. The hubs on the Jetko tires are interchangeable with Proline and I have a set of 4 aluminum hubs with zero offset so not worried about cracking hubs.
i bought them from small addictions, theyre great tires but terrible on wet grass

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back