mud guards for stock 8s arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaboyhamz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
cant find any mud guards besides ones for RPM arms or 3d printed ones

can anyone send any links?

I have a friend who can print them out for me but I'd rather find one made of injected moulding

I just make them out of ABS or Kydex plastic. I use a piece of carboard to make the template. Then when I have a good fit, I copy it to plastic or whatever.
I even used thick 2mm clear Lexan sheets to make the mudguards and painted them to match or contrast the body, with success.
They don't have to be 3d printed. They are simple and flat pieces. Easy to cut and trim.

cant find any mud guards besides ones for RPM arms or 3d printed ones

can anyone send any links?

I have a friend who can print them out for me but I'd rather find one made of injected moulding
Murat-RC for Kraton/Outcast arms. I use Arrma mudguards for Typhon on my Mojave armed rigs, work well!

They only have 6s Kraton listed on their site :/
They only have 6s Kraton listed on their site :/
Which ones you looking for? All wide arm 6S rigs are Notorious v5/EXB arms(fireteam/Kraton/Talion/outcast)

IMG_3152.jpeg

kraton 8s

I think I'll do that or have my friend print them out. haven't broken the arms yet so I don't need to upgrade to RPM arms yet
I've never ran the rpm arms on either of my 8s rigs. I think stock is better/harder plastic.

I used RPM guards and drilled my own pilot holes into the arms.
Works also. Did just that also. Just that the RPM specific mud deflectors are very low. The shock's uppers still get all beat up at the Spring Preload adjusters/threading.

I made my own from lexan, 1/8" I think. I don't pay much attention to looks honestly. I did paint them black on the backsides. I installed them onto all my 1/8 rigs, like 6 or 7? They didn't last unfortunately, stones keep breaking them. Only rig that still has them is my "Typhon XL " which is a k6 with mojo suspension. I moved on..if they get "ding'd" up, so be it. Builds character I say!!😉🤣🤣

They are meant to get all beat up. Doing their job. Protecting all behind it. It's a guard.
Thicker Lexan works. Kydex or ABS is obviously way more durable. We are talking 8s here. Running in gravel etc will trash them quick.

They are meant to get all beat up. Doing their job. Protecting all behind it. It's a guard.
Thicker Lexan works. Kydex or ABS is obviously way more durable. We are talking 8s here. Running in gravel etc will trash them quick.
Good points, maybe I go thicker next time. If I get a hair up my arse to bother😉🤣🤣
6s, 8s.. same stones, similar speeds🤷‍♂️

The 8s rear mudguards are a little taller than the 6s ones fwiw
Makes sense.. you can make them whatever height and shape you desire I suppose.
Anyone ever hear that mud/stone gaurds disrupt airflow, creating overheat issues? I did read it somewhere.. just wondering. I can appreciate protecting our investments, I brush my "tooth" everyday, why not?!😉🤣🤣🍻

Makes sense.. you can make them whatever height and shape you desire I suppose.
Anyone ever hear that mud/stone gaurds disrupt airflow, creating overheat issues? I did read it somewhere.. just wondering. I can appreciate protecting our investments, I brush my "tooth" everyday, why not?!😉🤣🤣🍻
would be marginal if any, but I run some fat fans so I don't have issues with heat on the kraton

would be marginal if any, but I run some fat fans so I don't have issues with heat on the kraton
Not me, nothing but skinny fans here! 35x10mm $2 a piece..high rpm too, like 6k?! Zip tied right to the motor.😎 I hear fat fans are slow?🤷‍♂️
Just playin guys. I do use $2 amazon specials with 3x25mm screws as "standoffs", secured with zip ties.. it works, and when they break(as all fans do), I toss and break out a freshy.👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back