Mud truck build ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyHop84

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Typhon TLR
I want to build a larger scale mud truck. Any ideas or recommendations Id love to hear them. I want nothing smaller than a 1/10 scale but ideally 1/8+ would be better. What I envision is buying an old Traxxas summit 1/10 because they already have locking diffs and the suspension is internal, The nero could work for this too. I would waterproof everything. I want it to be able to bog heavy mud and water. I don't want a crawler because I want the thing to be able to haul ass. I'm down to build a hybrid of whatever, just curious if you guys had any ideas to throw my way to help me plan this.

Lots of people use the Losi King Sling or Bog Hog. They are identical to the real ones.
Thank you for the suggestion! It looks purpose built. I don't love how low the frame sits but it has a lot of pros too for what I am trying to do. I will add this to my imaginary mud truck vision board :ROFLMAO:

I've seen lots of videos on them. They look pretty rowdy & powerful. Lots of aftermarket parts & upgrades available for them. Are you wanting to start with a RTR, or build custom from scratch?
I am fine with either tbh

Back